Protecta-Kote NS5 Metcote Etch Primer is a high adhesion metal primer with excellent etching qualities. This quality metal primer is solvent based and contains acids and adhesion promoters that etch the metal surface ensuring excellent adhesion.
Protecta-Kote NS5 Metcote Etch Primer is a quick drying single pack anti corrosion primer that offers excellent resistance to heat and weathering. NS5 Metcote Etch Primer is quick drying and can be topcoated with most paints within two hours of application.
Protecta-Kote Metcote Etch Primer is best used under ProtectaKote to provide surfaces with the ultimate protective system in outdoor environments. High adhesion primer for new metal, which etches the surface to ensure paint bonds more effectively.
- Bonds exceptionally well to metal
- Leaves a protective coating that bonds well with paint.
- Heat resistant up to 220ºC.
- Quick drying and can be topcoated with most paints within 2 hours.
- Can be used on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Resistant to both acid and alkali.
Ideal to prime a variety of metal surfaces before overcoating.
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly clean, sound, dry and free from any contaminants such as dirt, salt, rust, mill scale, algae and grease.
For New Metal: Abrade surface lightly and remove any surface rust or mill scale by sanding, wire brushing, with a chipping hammer, or sandblasting (sandblasting to SA2½ with a 40 to 50 profile gives the best results). Clean away sanding dust, grease and dirt with Duram NS2 Galvanized Iron Cleaner according to instructions. Rinse thoroughly with water until a water break-free surface is attained and allow to dry.
For Aluminium and stainless steel: Abrade surface with 220 grit waterpaper using Duram Xylene or turpentine as a lubricant. Rinse with xylene or lacquer
thinners and allow to dry.
- Finish: Smooth Matt Finish
- Theoretical Coverage: 8 -10m2 per litre per coat in one application
- Quick drying and can be topcoated with most paints within 2 hours
- Ideal for use with Protectakote
- Available in 1 Litres