Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard provides long lasting corrosion protection in severe environments. It is aluminium pigmented for improved barrier effect. Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System 24.
Jotun Jotamastic 87 Aluminium has a successful track record in providing long lasting corrosion protection in the most severe environments. All season applicable up to 300 microns in one coat, giving the opportunity for exceptional protection without the necessity for an additional top/sealer coat. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard offers very good adhesion to all substrates and compatibility in typical maintenance situations.
It is a low VOC and solvent emission paint coating and is suitable for submersion without a topcoat. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard is designed for use as a maintenance and repair product for marine and offshore environments. It is suitable for marine and water ballast tanks and for the protection of structures in offshore environments, such as refineries. Other examples are power plants, bridges, buildings and general structural steel.
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard requires limited surface preparation. Application should be by airless spray. A brushis recommended for stripe coating and small areas and a roller may be used for small areas too. Additional care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness, when applying Jotamastic 87 Standard by brush or roller.
Surface and Environment
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity. It is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and aged coating and surfaces. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System M24
- Certificate number XM92/M24-141 and XM92/M24-142
- Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard has been APAS approved to specification 2973, 2973F and 2977
- Approved for PSPC water ballast tanks according to IMO resolution MSC.215(82)
- LuL Reg No.538: Standard 1-085: XM92 is a protective treatment for use on steel structures coated with sound aged alkyd paints where the existing paint cannot totally be removed. The Jotun system is surface tolerant and suitable for application to abrasive blast-cleaned surfaces, hand or power tool cleaned surfaces and over sound, aged alkyd paint. It complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' but only when applied to bare steel, not as a coating over other paint.
- Low flame spread class 1, BS 476, Part 7, 1971. Warrington Fire reasearch, Naval Eng, Stand 713: Issue 3
|Type:||Polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating|
|Stock Colours:||Aluminium, Aluminium Red Toned|
|VOC Content:||212.0g per litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Carbon steel and aged coating surfaces|
|Application Method:||Airless Spray, Brush or Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||5.8 - 2.9m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||170 - 345 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||150 - 300 microns|
|Induction Time:||10 mins at 23°C|
|Pot Life:||1.5 hours at 23°C|
|Touch Dry:||8 hours at 10°C|
|Overcoatable:||24 hours at 10°C|
|Fully Cured:||14 days at 10°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Jotun Thinner No. 17|
|Shelf Life:||48 months|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.