Please note, this product is now out of stock. See the Owl Roof range as a potential alternative.
Res-Tec Flexitec 2020 Primer is the suitable primer for the Flexitec 2020 System applied roofing system. Flexitec 2020 Primer is recommended for all porous, bituminous, cementitious, timber and PVC single ply substrates.
The finished Res-Tec Flexitec 2020 System membrane is extremely tough, impact resistant and can easily accommodate foot traffic. Due to its unique flexible technology, Res-Tec Flexitec 2020 is able to coat all common roof surfaces. This includes felt, concrete, asphalt, GRP and timber. This means roofs can be overlaid without the need for strip and replace works. No matter the size, shape or complexity of the roof, Res-Tec Flexitec 2020 provides a seamless, tough and flexible membrane to any roof or balcony area.
- Excellent crack resistance and water resistant properties
- Can in many cases be applied over the existing roof membrane without the need to remove and re-board
- Overcoatable: Tolerant of short completion delays and easily repairable
- Lower odours that alternative roofing systems
- All year round fast curing
- Rapid wetting of the glass fibres and early conforming to detail work. Can be applied using only a medium pile roller
- Prevents drainage / sagging from vertical surfaces
Flexitec 2020 Primer is recommended for all porous, bituminous, cementitious, timber and PVC single ply substrates. IMPORTANT - Failure to prime porous surfaces, such as concrete, brickwork, tissue-faced insulation or plywood may result in an under-cure of the Flexitec 2020 resin and potential system failure. GRP surfaces, including ResTrims, do not require priming.
Flexitec 2020 Primer should be applied in dry conditions between 5°C and 30°C ambient air temperature. Do not begin if conditions could fall outside of the temperature range and/or if rain appears likely
See application guide download for full in depth details. Available via the above technical tab.
- Can be walked on 30 minutes after application (depending on cure time)
- Extra Tough, impact resistant finish
- Rapid cure system with very fast application times
- Can be applied to vertical sections without the need for costly additives. No slumping or sagging issues
- Able to rapidly breakdown with CSM reinforcement for quick and tidy detailing work - no fleece / cloth pre-cutting works
- A two coat application can be done in around 1 hour, rather than waiting until the next day
- Fully reinforced for consistent application thickness - increased crack resistance and zero risk of weak points
- One resin system - no need for different base and top coats
- Can be applied direct to felt, asphalt, GRP, concrete, single ply and timber
- Can be overcoated without grinding down to base coat
- Able to seal existing roof details without the need for trims
- Can be a one coat (10 year) or two coat (20 year) system
- Highly flexible membrane - no need for expansion joints - no matter the size or shape of the roof
- Save time and money by overlaying a roof instead of stripping and replacing the deck
- Uses powder hardener instead of liquid catalyst for safer and easier catalysing with rapud resistance to rainfall
|Suitable Substrates:||Recommended for all porous, bituminous, cementitious, timber and PVC single ply substrates.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Cleaner / Thinner:|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.