Rustoleum 9400 Rust-O-Thane SL is a high build, solvent-free self-levelling durable polyurethane topcoat for concrete floors.
9400 RUST-O-THANE SL should be used on cleaned, horizontal concrete or asphalt floors. Typical uses are interior process, manufacturing, packaging and warehousing areas subjected to heavy foot and pallet truck traffic and where a degree of flexing of the floor is expected. Offers protection against high humidity and moisture, frequent spillage of chemicals, heavy abrasion, impact, and heavy pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Apply the product with a rake and/or trowel and de-aeration roller. Use Rustoleum Impregnation Primer 5401 or Rustoleum Epoxy Floor Primer 5421 on porous mineral substrates. Use Rustoleum B95 SL – diluted with 20% Rustoleum Thinner 641 on asphalt floors. On dense surfaces first apply a coat Rust-Oleum 3333 or Rustoleum 3366.
New concrete should cure and dry for at least 30 days prior to the application of the product. Remove oil, grease and all other surface contaminations by alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning. Concrete curing compounds should be removed completely. All laitance, loose or unsound concrete should be removed by vacuum-blasting or etching with RUST-OLEUM Surfa-Etch 108 Etching Solution. Large surfaces should preferably be prepared by abrasive blasting (vacuum blasting). If this is impossible scrabbling or roughening of the surface is necessary. Profile maximum 0.5 mm. Defects in the concrete should be repaired with RUSTOLEUM Epoxy Repair Mortar 5180 or Epoxy Putty 5412. Previously coated surfaces must be in sound condition and a test-patch is recommended to check compatibility. The surface should be clean, dry and have a strength of minimum of 25 N/mm² before the coating can be applied.
Add all of Hardener B to Base A. Mix with slow speed drill and helical spinner, taking care not to entrain air. It is advisable to pour mixed contents into a second container and re-mix to ensure the product is homogeneous and no soft spot are seen in the applied coating. The product is supplied in full units as A+B. Do not split the compounds/components as this may jeopardise the end result.
- Withstands heavy traffic
- A solvent-free self levelling 2K polyurethane cast floor
- 20kg Base and 4kg Activator
- Extremely durable, industrial self levelling floor coating – suitable for fork lift traffic. (Taber test: <100 mg - EN ISO 5470-1)
- Flexible: Impact-resistant and suitable for temperature differences
- Excellent flow and smooth finish this makes the coating easy to clean and maintain
- Very good chemical resistance: on our website you can find a comprehensive list of chemicals and their effect on the coating
- No fissures or cracks during curing and safe to use
- This product is an affordable alternative for the 5400 or B95SL, which are well appreciated but whose price is sometimes considered a bit uncompetitive on larger floors.
- There are 4 standard colours (see attachment), but from 480kg (Base) other colours are possible as Custom Coating
- Although this product is a polyurethane, it is not UV stable, so not suitable for outdoor use due to yellowing
- The product is only available in Gloss (because it is 100% solids) – . Therefore it can be over coated with 9200 Rust-O-Thane for other colours and a satin gloss finish
- This product is an affordable alternative for the 5170, which was well appreciated in the market but the price was considered a bit uncompetitive on larger floors
- Very durable on concrete floors treated with primers 5401, 5421 or 5130
|Type:||High build, solvent-free|
|Stock Colours:||Tile Red, Light Grey RAL 7035, Steel Grey RAL 7001, Anthracite Grey RAL 7016|
|VOC Content:||0 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Cleaned, horizontal concrete or asphalt floors|
|Application Method:||Rake / Trowel|
|Theoretical Coverage:||2,3 kg/m² at 1,5 mm dry|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||1-2 mm|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||1-2 mm|
|Pot Life:||45 minutes at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||6 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 24 hours at 20°C (Recoatable with 9200 Rust-O-Thane Application by wide comb, rake, spreader)|
|Fully Cured:||5-7 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Rustoleum Thinner 641
|Shelf Life:||1 year from date of production unopened|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.