Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote 165HB Urethane Coating is a 100% solids lining for a internals of pipes, tanks, vessels and other equipment in contacts with fresh water, sea water and effluent
Scotchkote 165HB Urethane Coating, formerly Copon Hycote 165HB, has been developed as a 100% solids lining, for application to the internal surfaces of pipes, tanks, vessels and other equipment, which are in contact with fresh water, sea water and effluent.
Scotchkote 165HB Urethane Coating works extremely well when immersed in water and exposed to aggressive atmospheric conditions. These environments include underground and chemically polluted locations, marine, foul and raw water locations. Once applied, the coating provides excellent protection to the substrate, against the potential of corrosion.
Scotchkote 165HB Urethane Coating is designed for application by a plural feed airless spray. A single build coat of up to 2mm thickness can be applied, even in extreme temperature conditions of up to 50-60 degrees Celsius, however, in these circumstances you will only have a usable pot life of 4-6 minutes.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 165HB Urethane Coating is suitable for application to both concrete and steel surfaces and works excellently when exposed to harsh conditions and adverse elements.
- Formerly Copon Hycote 165HB
- The product can also be used on externals of pipes where an abrasion-resistant system is required
- Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165HB combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance and is suitable for many different immersion conditions, including sea, foul and raw water, also in chemically polluted marine or underground environments
- 165HB is designed for application in a single high build coat of up to 2mm, by plural feed hot airless spray
- Suitable for use on both steel and concrete surfaces
- 90 Litre Pack consists of 5 x 18L tins (4 x Part A and 1 x Part B)
- Theoretical coverage rate: 1 sq metre per litre at 1000 microns dft.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.