Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative on 01462 421333.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 a 2 pack, waterborne, gloss paint for use in the rail, automotive and transport industries, Section 12 approved.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 formerly Copon Hycote Dicol, is a 2 pack, waterborne, gloss paint, that has been specially developed for use in the rail, automotive and transport industries. With a decorative finish and excellent protective qualities, Scotchkote Dicol 170 is regularly acquired by companies found in the Rail Industry due to its excellent abrasion resistance and decorative appearance.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 is ideal for use in confined spaces, such as underground, due due its waterborne finish it does not present the same health and safety implications that some solvent-based finishes do. Scotchkote Dicol 170 offers excellent colour and gloss retention and is available in most BS and RAL colours.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 offers ease of application with great handling and flow, and can be applied using brush, roller or spray, although we would recommend using a good spray machine for a higher quality finish. Scotchkote Dicol 170 is dry to touch after 4 hours and can be recoated after this period, offering a theoretical coverage rate of 9-10m2 per litre.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Dicol 170 is ideal for use on a variety of surfaces, providing they have been prepared and primed appropriately, including metal, wood and concrete. Highly suitable for use internally and in confined spaces, Scotchkote Dicol 170 is commonly used for original equipment manufacture involving, heavy engineering, fabrication and civil engineering, and offers excellent resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage.
- Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating Dicol 170 Formerly Copon Hycote Dicol
- A 2 pack material with a pot life of 1 1/2 hours
- Section 12 and RT98 approved coating
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent gloss and colour retention.
- Being waterborne does not present the same handling and application health and safety risks associated with solvent based high performance finishes
- Tested for limited fire hazard performance in conjunction with 3M Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9WB
- Compliant with BS6853 Code of Practice
- Good resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Excellent on correctly prepared and primed surfaces
- The fully cured coating offers excellent resistance to aqueous solutions, oils, fats and a wide range of industrial chemicals
- Temperature Resistance - Dry service temperature range up to 100 Degrees C.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 10sq metres per litre at 50 microns dft.
- Available in 2 Clear and 2.25 litre coloured units.