Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative on 01462 421333.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 a 2 pack, waterborne, gloss paint for use in the rail, automotive and transport industries, Section 12 approved.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 formerly Copon Hycote Dicol, is a 2 pack, waterborne, gloss paint, that has been specially developed for use in the rail, automotive and transport industries. With a decorative finish and excellent protective qualities, Scotchkote Dicol 170 is regularly acquired by companies found in the Rail Industry due to its excellent abrasion resistance and decorative appearance.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 is ideal for use in confined spaces, such as underground, due due its waterborne finish it does not present the same health and safety implications that some solvent-based finishes do. Scotchkote Dicol 170 offers excellent colour and gloss retention and is available in most BS and RAL colours.
Scotchkote Dicol 170 offers ease of application with great handling and flow, and can be applied using brush, roller or spray, although we would recommend using a good spray machine for a higher quality finish. Scotchkote Dicol 170 is dry to touch after 4 hours and can be recoated after this period, offering a theoretical coverage rate of 9-10m2 per litre.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Dicol 170 is ideal for use on a variety of surfaces, providing they have been prepared and primed appropriately, including metal, wood and concrete. Highly suitable for use internally and in confined spaces, Scotchkote Dicol 170 is commonly used for original equipment manufacture involving, heavy engineering, fabrication and civil engineering, and offers excellent resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage.
- LuL APR Reg No. 148 - Paint system suitable for wide application to give good protection to non-structural metal work including aluminium and galvanised steel. As a water based system, it is suitable for use in situations of limited air movement and in confined areas e.g. escalator machine rooms. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' for stations only, not tunnels.
- Section 12 and RT98 approved coating
- Tested for limited fire hazard performance in conjunction with 3M Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9WB
- Compliant with BS6853 Code of Practice
- Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating Dicol 170 Formerly Copon Hycote Dicol
- A 2 pack material with a pot life of 1 1/2 hours
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent gloss and colour retention.
- Being waterborne does not present the same handling and application health and safety risks associated with solvent based high performance finishes
- Good resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Excellent on correctly prepared and primed surfaces
- The fully cured coating offers excellent resistance to aqueous solutions, oils, fats and a wide range of industrial chemicals
- Temperature Resistance - Dry service temperature range up to 100 Degrees C.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 10sq metres per litre at 50 microns dft.
- Available in 2 Clear and 2.25 Litres coloured units.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.