Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating is a solvent based paint for metal and GRP surfaces and protects against corrosion and chemical attack.
Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating, formerly Copon EA9 Finish, is a two component solvent based paint that has been specifically developed for use on a wide range of metallic and glass re-inforced plastic (GRP) surfaces. This product provides a fire resistant coating, tested to British Standards.
Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating can be used as a finish coat over EA9 Primer. It combines excellent application characteristics with protective properties that resist against corrosion and chemical attack.
Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating can be applied using an airless spray and produces a glossy finish. The EA9 Epoxy Coating is touch dry in two hours and can be re-coated after four. Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating is can be utilised as a top coat applied over EA9 Primer. It is available in Black high gloss finish or White semi gloss finish.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating is suitable for application to a range of metal surfaces, including iron, steel, aluminium, zinc based surfaces, and surfaces produced from GRP (fibreglass). Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating is commonly used throughout the rail industry and in certain manufacturing processes.
- Scotchkote EA9 Epoxy Coating - formerly known as E. Wood's Copon EA9 Finish
- Used throughout the rail industry and in original equipment manufacturing
- Suitable for use as a topcoat over EA9 Primer
- Reaction to fire performance test data available on request
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: 8.8 square metres per litre at 50 microns dft
- Size: 5 litre units
- Available in black and white
- Finish: Matt, low gloss or semi-gloss (Please call for more information)