Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR is a 100% solids coating for tank interiors that is in contact with dirty water, mild aqueous chemicals and oils.
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR is a 2 pack material that has been specially developed to offer a high level of resistance, to the internals of tanks and is a 100% solids product that finished to form a hard red or light grey coating.
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR is part of Promain's range of Water Tank Lining products that can be used for lining the internals of tanks, vessels, and other equipment in contact with dirty water, mild aqueous chemicals and oils.
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR can be applied easily using brush or roller and has a theoretical coverage rate of 4m2 per litre per coat. A minimum of 2 coats should be applied in order to ensure maximum resistance and corrosion protection. Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR can only be applied by plural spray only as it requires heating and also it is very thixotropic
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR is primarily intended for use on steel but can also be used on concrete surfaces providing the appropriate primer is used. Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR works excellently in external environments on the internal surfaces found in tanks and vessels and ensures the substrate is safe from chemical damage and corrosion.
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162CR that combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- Designed for application in two or more coats by brush or roller
- Primarily intended for use on steel but can also be used on concrete surfaces with the appropriate primer
- Offers excellent adhesion tcurrently prepared surfaces
- Excellent abrasion resistance resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Excellent erosion resistance
- Suitable for use in aqueous slurries.
- Note: Not colour stable, where a colour stable finish is required it must be overcoated with an appropriate top coat
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 4m2 per litre.