Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative. We have 3 left in stock - once they are gone they are gone.
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 a surface tolerant anti corrosive coating for steel bridges, gantries and roofs.
Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 has been specifically developed as a surface tolerant anti corrosive coating for steel structures such as bridges, gantries and roofs, 172 has been developed to replace 152LV and 152LVAS and is suitable for application by brush or airless spray. Approved by Network Rail for application to station steelwork including roofs metal flooring and steel panels on walls and any other trackside equipment.
Best Uses / Surfaces
As with the Scotchkote 152LV and 152LVAS the new Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 offers corrosion protection for up to 25 years. Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 is a surface tolerant coating meaning that it can be applied to manually prepared surfaces although a shot blasted surface is preferable and also conforms to Network Rail RT98 and London Underground (LUL) Section 12 approvals.
Available in 5 and 20 litres Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 has been specifically designed for application using airless spray, however a brush may be used for smaller areas of application which may be tricky to do with a spray gun. Theoretical coverage rate is 2.5m2 per litre, assuming the correct film thickness is achieved, whilst you should ensure you leave a minimum of 16 hours drying time where temperatures are 18 degrees celsius or above.
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 is a surface tolerant, it combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- Is designed for application by airless spray and brush application
- Adhesion - Excellent to both blast cleaned and mechanically prepared surfaces
- Corrosion Resistance - Excellent even under sea water immersion conditions
- Chemical Resistance - Unaffected by short term contact with most industrial chemicals
- Temperature Resistance - Suitable for use up to 100° C. dry heat
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 2.5 sq m per litre at 400 microns dft.
- Touch dry 16 hours
- Available in 5 Liters
- Colours available: Grey.