Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of remaining stock. Please contact our technical team for stock updates.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG is a protection system which provides excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance to weld joints and pipeline systems.
Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG, formerly Copon Hycote 165BG, is a flexible, 100% solids, protection system designed for application to the externals of pipe lines.
Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG is best used for providing a protective and anti-corrosion coating to the outer layer of pipes.
Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG is designed for manual application with a brush or roller and is touch dry after 4 hours, with a theoretical coverage rate of 1m2 per litre at 1000 microns dft. Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG is intended for application by brush and should be applied to give a uniform even thickness. Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG is designed for application by brush at thicknesses between 500–1000 microns
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165BG has been primarily designed for use on steel surfaces but is compatible with polyethylene and other external pipe coating materials, offering adhesion and protection from external environments.
Available in 12B21 and grey but please Note 165BG is not colour stable, where a colour stable finish is required it must be overcoated with an appropriate top coat.
- Formerly Copon Hycote 165
- has been specifically developed as a 100% solids protection system with a degree of flexibility for hand application to the externals of pipes
- The product can be used for protection of field girth weld joints on pipeline systems
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 1m2 per Litre at 1000 microns dft.
- Available in 1 and 2 litre units. Black only available in 2 litre packs
- Delivery 5-10 working days.