Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating PU 846 is a single component, for use on PVC Plastisol coated metal cladding and floors.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating PU 846 Copon Polycote HBF is a single component, with a durable finish, for use on PVC coated metal cladding. This product is colour stable, flexible and extremely durable. It also has excellent weather resistance. The durability for use on PVC Plastisol was tested by British Steel/Corus, which demonstrates the suitability and high performance of this product.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating PU 846 is intended for use on PVC Plastisol, and is ideal for use on balconies. However, this product could also be used as flooring for both internal and external surfaces, such as external pedestrian areas, due to the high abrasion resistance. The product is available in a range of colours, at the manufacturers request. This product can also be applied at temperatures as low as 0oc - further increasing the versatility of this product.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating PU 846 can be applied using a brush, roller or spray. The product will be dry to the touch after 4 hours, as well as becoming rainfall resistant. The product is available in 20 litre units, with a theoretical coverage rate of 8m2, per litre, at 75 microns dft.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating PU 846 is easily applied to PVC coated metal cladding, and each surface should be clean, dry and free from contamination prior to application. When applied to Plastisol surfaces, these surfaces should be detergent cleaned in order to remove any dirt and grime completely.
- Scotchkote Urethane Coating PU 846.
- Formerly Thortex Wall-Tech PU / Thortex Floor-Tech PU / Copon Polycote HBF.
- A single component durable finish system for use on pvc coated metal cladding.
- Polyurethane Wall & Floor Protection System.
- Durable. colour stable, flexible wall coating with excellent weathering properties.
- Suitable for refurbishment of HPS200 plastisol sheeting.
- With good abrasion resistance can also be used as a floor coating for external pedestrian areas.
- Ideal for balconies.
- Tested by British Steel/Corus for use on PVC Plastisol.
- The product is also suitable for use on other internal and external surfaces, including floors.
- Suitable for brush, roller or spray application.
- Can be applied at temperatures down to 0° C.
- Colour manufactured to a select range of RAL or BS colours subject to minimum batch quantities, made to order only.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 8sq metres per litre at 75 microns dft.
- Supplied in 20 litre units.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.