Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of remaining stock. Contact our sales team for an updated stock quantity. Please note, the stock we have has expired.
Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843 is suitable for use below ground Section 12
Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843, formerly Thortex Wall-Tech UV Water Based Polyurethane Wall Protection System, is a durable coating designed for use on internal and external walls, available in a range of BS and RAL colours, as well as a clear finish.
Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843 is best used in an internal environment in conjunction with Scotchkote Water Based Epoxy Primer GP 830, and when combined offers a solid resistance to dry temperatures of up to 100 degrees Celsius. Being Water Based, UV 843 does not pose the same health and safety problems to that of solvent based coatings making it ideal for application to walls and surfaces in confined spaces, internally.
Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843 can be applied using brush or roller and has a touch dry time of just 4 hours, when applied in conditions of 20 degrees Celsius. Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843 offers excellent colour and gloss retention once dry and has a theoretical coverage rate of 10m2 per litre during application.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843 can be applied to a number of surfaces when the appropriate primer is used and once dry offers outstanding resistance to heat and a wide range of aqueous solutions including oils, fats and industrial chemicals. Not only this but Scotchkote Urethane Wall Coating UV 843 also offers great resistance to abrasion, impact and mechanical damage, making it highly suited for use in commercial and industrial environments.
- LuL APR Reg No.147 - M34 surface tolerant solvent free coating for the corrosion protection of structural steel, potentially giving over 25 years of protection to surface infrastructure. Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 152LV is a brush applied solvent free coating for structural steel. This coating is surface tolerant and is suitable for application to abrasive blast-cleaned surfaces, hand or power tool cleaned surfaces and sound, aged alkyd paints. NR/L3/CIV/039 certified (M34) to give 25 years minimum service life on SA3 (shotblasted) or ST3 (manually prepared steel) and 15 years minimum on previously coated sound surfaces. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' and can be used in below ground stations as a single coat system (maximum coating thickness for underground use is 400 microns wet / dry). For above ground use an optional 50 micron coat of Scotchkote Urethane Coating UV 843 can be applied if UV resistance is required.
- Available on our colour tint system to a select range of BS or RAL colour standards
- Also available in clear
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent gloss and colour retention
- Being waterborne does not present the same handling and application health and safety risks associated with solvent based high performance finishes
- Tested for limited fire hazard performance in conjunction with 3M Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer GP 830
- Good resistance to abrasion and mechanical damages
- Excellent adhesion on correctly prepared surfaces
- The fully cured coating offers excellent resistance to aqueous solutions, oils, fats and a wide range of industrial chemicals.
- Dry service temperature range up to 100 degrees C.
- Coverage rate 10m2 per litre
- Touch dry in 4 hours
- Available in 4.5 litre packs
- Available in a range of colours please call for details.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.