Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of stock left at our warehouse. Please contact our sales team for updated stock quantities.
Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating is a water based coating designed to provide a durable finish for phenolic and other plastic laminate surfaces. LUL reg No.153.
Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating formerly Copon Hycote PU WB AG is a water based coating that has been specifically manufactured designed to provide a durable finish for phenolic and other plastic laminate surfaces. Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating is part of 3M Scotchkotes range of Anti Graffiti Paints that can be applied in industrial environments to allow for easy removal of graffiti.
Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating is widely used throughout the rail industry and increasingly making its way into other commercial and engineering based industries such as the underground and all confined locations, offering excellent resistance to corrosion, UV light, weathering, abrasion and mechanical damage.
Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating can be applied to a variety of substrates using brush, roller or airless spray to offer an extremely protective coating available in a range of different colours. Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating offers excellent drying properties and is touch dry after just 2 hours with a theoretical coverage rate of 9 square metres per litre.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote WB Urethane Coating has been specially designed for use on a variety of different substrates in an industrial and construction environment where a protective coating is required. This coating has has been specified among contractors and maintenance teams as one of the best products on the market today for resistance to chemical products, oils, and aqueous solutions.
- LUL APR No: 153 - Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' and with BS 6853 Category 1a, rolling stock interiors. This paint system provides very good graffitti resistance. WB Urethane PU WB AG 180 can be applied directly to glass-fibre reinforced plastic substrates but a primer WB Epoxy Coating EA9WB is required for aluminium. This paint system has been used for the DLR Fleet, for Heathrow Express and for the South Eastern Class 319 Fleet.
- Formerly Copon Hycote PU WB AG
- Will give the same effect on primed metallic surfaces
- A combination of good application characteristics and UV resistance and high order of ease of graffiti removal
- Less health and safety risk than a solvent based product
- Tested for limited fire hazard performance, compliant with BS6853 code of practice
- Widely used throughout the rail industry and increasing within other industries such as heavy engineering and civil engineering work, such as the underground and confined locations
- Also suitable for use with Scotchkotes WB epoxy coating EA9WB
- Good resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Excellent adhesion on correctly prepared surfaces
- Provides excellent resistance to aqueous solutions such as oils, fats and many industrial chemicals
- Manufactured to order from a select range of BS, RAL or NCS colours, clear also available
- The coverage rate is 9 sq m per litre
- Available in 4 litre units
- Touch dry in 2 hours
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.