This product is now discontinued due to the closure of 3M Northallerton. Please contact our technical team for an alternative on 01462 421333.
3M Scotchkote WBX 852 is a water based floor paint commonly used for LUL London Underground applications.
3M Scotchkote WBX 852 formerly known as Thortex Floortech WBX.
3M Scotchkote WBX 852 is commonly used in the London Underground and is best used to provide a quick drying, high adhesion floor coating that allows for minimum downtime, so normal service can be resumed. 3M Scotchkote WBX 852 offers excellent resistive qualities and protects the surface from abrasion and mechanical damage as well as being resistant to mild chemicals and oil spillages.
3M Scotchkote WBX 852 can be applied using brush or roller to produce a protective finish in a variety of grey shades, as well as clear, that can be overcoated with most Scotchkote water borne topcoats. 3M Scotchkote WBX 852 is touch dry after just 1-2 hours at 20 degrees celsius and has a theoretical coverage rate of 10m2 per litre per coat.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote WBX 852 can be applied to almost any surface that requires the application of an adhesive coating. 3M Scotchkote WBX 852 can be used on concrete, steel, brickwork and power floated floors found in the rail industry and is an innovative product for multi purpose use. Please feel free to give us a call if you require any more information on the used of this product, and we will be happy to assist you.
- Scotchkote WBX 852
- Formerly known as Thortex Floortech WBX, Copon Hycote EA9WB
- A 2 pack waterborne floor coatings and has been specifically developed as a fast drying, self priming system for most floor surfaces
- Used by London Underground, LUL Section 12
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent substrate adhesion
- Being waterborne presents no odour during application
- Fast drying allowing same day return to service
- Good resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Excellent on correctly prepared surfaces
- The fully cured coating offers excellent resistance to aqueous solutions, oils, fats and floor cleaning chemicals
- Touch dry 1-2 hours
- Non colour stable, where a colour stable finish is required it must be overcoated with an appropriate top coat
- Theoretical coverage 10m2 per litre
- Available in 5 and 20 litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.