Sherwin Williams Firetex FX5090 is a water based TCEP free, thin film intumescent coating providing protection for up to 120 minutes on structural steel.
FIRETEX FX5090 is designed for application by airless spray to provide fire resistance for periods of up to 120 minutes on structural steel. For use in internal dry controlled environments without topcoat. (C1 according to ISO12944-2:1998) and external urban or uncontrolled internal environments with topcoat (C3 according to ISO12944-2:1998).
Apply using airless spray or brush. Must not be applied directly to galvanized steel and zinc rich primers. If it can be guaranteed that application and subsequent in-service conditions will be in a C1 environment as defined in ISO 12944-2:1998, then no topcoat is required. For any other situation a topcoat must be applied, consult Sherwin-Williams for advice. Sher-Cryl M770, FIRETEX M71V2, Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 products should be used for subsequent re-decoration.
- Certifire Approved – Certificate CF5188
- This product has been assessed in accordance with the Criteria of Acceptability given in the ASFP/BCF Industry Guidance document
- This product has been tested and assessed in accordance with the ASFP fire testing protocol for cellular beam protection. See Section 4.1 from ASFP Yellow Book 5th Edition
- Tested and assessed to EN13381-8
- European Technical Assessment ETA-15-0486
- CE Mark Number: 1121-CPR-GA5024
- Drying Times: 3 hours at 15°C to touch, 6 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Available in White
- Available in 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.