This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Sigma AquaCover 35 is a one component MIO coating for use in industrial or commercial exposures on old and weathered paint.
Sigma AquaCover 35 is a one component waterborne micaceous iron oxide (MIO) pigmented coating based on acrylic dispersion. It is particularly suitable in environments where solvents are not permitted, for health and safety reasons.
Sigma AquaCover 35 provides excellent adhesion to old or weathered paints and can be overcoated with most waterborne acrylics and epoxy coatings, alkyd paints and some solvent borne two component products.
Sigma AquaCover 35 can be applied using an airless spray, long haired brush or polyther roller with rounded edges. Sigma AquaCover 35 has 30-60 minutes touch-dry time and is ready for an overcoat in 4 hours. Sigma AquaCover 35 has a theoretical coverage rate of 8 square metres per litre and is available in a selection of shades that are suitable for use on metal.
Surface and Environment
Sigma AquaCover 35 is designed for use in industrial or commercial exposures and on old and weathered paints, offering a protective coating that prevents corrosion and weakens substrates.
- One component, water borne, MIO pigmented, acrylic dispersion coating
- Particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted for health and safety reasons
- Contains non-toxic pigments
- Excellent adhesion to old or weathered paints
- Fast drying
- Overcoat with most water borne acrylics, water borne epoxy coatings and alkyd paints
- Theoretical spreading rate 8.0 m2 per litre at 50 microns, 5.3 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Touch dry after 30 - 60 minutes
- Overcoating interval minimum 4 hours
- Thinners: 90-53 and 70-05
- Available in 4 and 20 litres.