Sigma AquaCover 45 is a single pack finish for accommodation, machinery and ship superstructures offering low VOC, quick drying and certified for low spread of flame.
Sigma AquaCover 45 is a one component waterborne coating based on acrylic dispersion. Particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons. AquaCover 45 allows for safer working during hull outfitting and on new buildings.
Sigma AquaCover 45 is best used as a finish for interior accommodation, machinery spaces and superstructure and is particularly suited to application over AquaCover 25 painted surfaces that are dry and free from contamination.
Sigma AquaCover 45 can be applied using airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 1 hour to touch at 20 degrees celsius and is ready for an overcoat after just 6 hours. Sigma AquaCover 45 has a theoretical coverage rate of 6.8m2 per litre and is available in a selection of shades suitable for use on metal.
Surface and Environment
Sigma AquaCover 45 is designed for use in industrial or commercial exposures for use on various types of primed steel to offer a protective coating that works to protect against weathering that can weaken the substrate, all the while retaining colour retention.
- PPG Sigma AquaCover 45 is one component waterborne acrylic dispersion finish
- Available in many BS4800 and RAL Colours
- Use as a finish for interior accommodation, machinery spaces and superstructure
- Particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons
- Fast drying and recoatable
- Good weather resistance
- Good colour retention
- Allows safer working during hull outfitting of new buildings
- Certificate for low flame spread: see sheet 1883.
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.8 m2 per litre at 50 microns
- Touch dry after 6 hours at 5 degrees C, 3 hours at 10 degrees C, 1 hour at 20 degrees C.
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours.
- Available in 5 and 20 litres.