This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Sigmarine 49 is a high gloss alkyd finishing coat that can be used internally or externally for use over all previously alkyd painted coatings.
Sigmarine 49 off high opacity and colour retention to give an aesthetically pleasing finish for a long duration.
Sigmarine 49 provides excellent weather resistance for use outdoors but can also be used on an internal basis. Sigmarine 49 is weather resistant but is not suitable for immersion in water or continuous splash of water.
Sigmarine 49 has been designed for easy application using brush, roller or air and airless spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 14-16m2 per litre. Once applied to the surface, the coating will be touch dry after 3 hours and ready for a second coat after a 16 hour period has elapsed.
Surface and Environment
Sigmarine 49 can be used on surfaces that have previously been coated with Sigmarine 40 and Sigmarine 24 providing they have been suitably cleaned and all surface contaminants have been removed. Sigmarine 48 is suitable for use in industrial environments and provides a gas proof coating that will not change colour when in contact with sulphur dioxide.
- High gloss alkyd finishing coat.
- Suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Easy application by brush with excellent flow.
- Good weather resistance.
- High opacity.
- Good colour retention.
- Gas proof: no discolouration with sulphur dioxide.
- Not suitable for immersion in water or continuous splash of water.
- Can be applied over most intact alkyd paints.
- Certificate for low flame spread: see sheet 1883.
- Theoretical spreading rate 14.3 - 15.7 m2 per litre