SigmaShield is a 2 glass flake reinforced epoxy coating offers excellent abrasion and impact resistance.
SigmaShield 2 is a two component high solids glass flake reinforced polyamide cured epoxy coating that can be applied at temperatures right down to freezing and provides long term protection in areas subject to heavy wear and tear.
SigmaShield 2 can be used on steel and blasted steel and offers excellent abrasion and impact resistance in industrial and marine exposures. Sigmashield 2 is highly suited for use on ice-going vessels and offers extremely good corrosion resistance that protects the surface from natural damage caused by the environment.
SigmaShield 2 can be applied easily and effectively using brush, roller or spray and has a good drying of 4-8 hours to touch. After 16 hours you will be able to apply a second coating which will reach full cure after 16 days. Once dry you will be provided with a glossy black finish, available in other colours on request.
Surface and Environment
SigmaShield 2 is highly suited for use in a marine type environment where protection against water and chemicals is vital. SigmaShield 2 offers very low water permeability due to the glass flake barrier and is suitable for immersion service.
- A low temperature curing down to 0 Degrees C.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- High glass flake level
- Excellent resistance to corrosion
- Long term protection at areas subject to heavy wear and tear
- Very low water permeability, due to glassflake barrier
- Tar free
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals
- Suitable for immersion service
- Compatible with cathodic protection systems
- Up to 750 microns in a single coat
- Theoretical spreading rate 4.6 m2 per litre at 200 microns
- Overcoating interval min. 16 hours, max. 3 months
- Full cure after 16 days
- Available in 20 litres.