Sika-1 Waterproofer is an aqueous solution which blocks the capillaries and pores in brick, stone and concrete substrates, providing a barrier against the transmission of water.
Sika-1 Waterproofer is a liquid additive that prevents water from being absorbed through sand or cement renders, screeds and mortar. Sika-1 Waterproofer is a complex colloidal silicate solution that blocks the pores and capillaries in sand and cement renders. It can be used on its own or as an additive, as part of a waterproofing system.
Sika-1 Waterproofer is a product which is used within construction and industrial environments. It protects brick, concrete and stone substrates from the potential of intaking water or moisture which would damage the surface.
Sika-1 Waterproofer can applied both above and below ground level and in interior and exterior environments. All existing coatings should be removed, prior to application, and the exposed surface should be roughened, by mechanical or water blasting techniques. Please read the Sika-1 Waterproofer technical data sheets for full preparation and application methods.
Surface and Environment
Sika 1 Waterproofer can be applied to all brick, concrete and stone substrates to provide waterproofing protection that has been proven to last for more than 100 years. It is suitable for basements and cellars, waterproofing swimming pools, vaults and tunnels and for concrete, brick and structural blockwork.
- An aqueous solution containing complex colloidal silicates
- For Brick, Concrete and Stone substrates
- Swells and blocks the capillaries and pores in sand and cement renders, screeds and mortar
- Prevents transmission of water
- Storage Life: 12 Months
- Waterproofing additive for use above and below ground
- Can be used in wall render and screed applications
- Suitable for use with potable water
- BBA certificated
- Proven for more than 100 years
- Compatible with OPC and SRC
- Dilute with clean water (1:10 by volume)
- Available in 5 litres