Sika Sikafloor®-230 ESD TopCoat is a two part, water dispersed, electrostatic dissipative, epoxy coloured floor seal coat.
Sikafloor®-230 ESD TopCoat may only be used by experienced professionals. Sikafloor®-230 ESD TopCoat is used as: Dissipative coloured indoor system, in conjunction with Sika Sikafloor®-262 AS. Particularly suitable for areas with requirements for the lowest electrostatic charge (low BVG (Body Voltage Generation)) and dissipative surface. Typical applications include clean rooms in the electronics industry, microbiology/microchemistry sectors, production plants in the automobile industry etc.
- Body voltage generation < 20 V
- Easy application
- In accordance with general ESD requirements
- Matt finish
- Water dispersed
- Fulfils ESD-requirements at > 12 % RH/+23°C*
The surface must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from the surface preferably by vacuum. Pull-off strength shall be not less than 1.5 N/mm². If in doubt apply a test area first. Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A, mix continuously for 3 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimise air entrainment.
Sikafloor®-230 ESD TopCoat must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment. Prior to application, confirm substrate moisture content, relative humidity and dew point. Uniformly spread 1x Sikafloor®-230 ESD TopCoat by using a short pile (12 mm) nylon roller. After proper curing the application of the maintenenance layer Ceradur is mandatory. For further details please refer to the paragraph Maintenance and/or to the related system data sheet.
Application of the maintenance layer CERADUR: In order to ensure a long-lasting, high-quality finish and easy cleaning, the application of a floor care product (Kiehl Ceradur) is mandatory. The application of Ceradur can be executed by machine or by using a flat mob. Detailed information: KAW Kiehl - Werk und Zentralverwaltung, D-85235, Odelzhausen, Rudolf- Diesel-Straße 6, Tel.: +49 8134 9305-40, Fax: +49 8134 5145. http://www.kiehl-group.com. Possibly arising strips with application of CERADUR disappear usually after short service life. To maintain the appearance of the floor after application, Sikafloor®-230 ESD Top-Coat (polished with Ceradur) must have all spillages removed immediately and must be regularly cleaned using suitable detergents. The floor area must daily be cleaned using a mild alkaline cleaner such as TORVAN (Kiehl). Mixing ratio: < 0.6% in water. Method of and equipment for the cleaning of the area will depend upon size and manpower available.
For large areas equipment such as a Taski (Diversey) or Kaercher scrubber drier would be advantageous. Generally no undiluted cleaning agent should remain for longer time on the surface. Basic cleaning in the first 2 weeks is not permitted, only dry cleaning e.g. by broom. In the following 2 weeks only cleaning with a mop is recommended. For further details please refer to the Information Manual "Cleaning & Maintenance of Sikafloor ® Systems".
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 2 (Option 1): Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 4 (Option 2): Building Product Disclosure and Optimization - Material Ingredients
- Conformity with LEED v2009 IEQc 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials - Paints and Coatings
- Water dispersed, coloured, epoxy resin roller coat according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN 13813, DoP 02 08 01 02 037 0 000001 2017, certified by Factory Production Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CE-mark
- * Testing of electrostatic properties in accordance to IEC 61340-5-1, SP Institute, Test Report F900355:A, February 2009
- Conforms to the requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20-2007 and IEC 61340-5-1. (Internal Test)
- Testing of electrostatic properties in accordance to IEC 61340-5-1, SP Institute, Test Report 3FO016808:A, and Test Report 3FO016808:B, February 2014
- Approval for ESD protective products acc. IEC 61340 from the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden. D No 230-13-0277 and DNo. 230-13-0276, January
- Finish: Matt
- Chemical Resistance: Resistant to many chemicals. Please contact Promain technical services.
- Electrostatic Behaviour: Resistance to ground1) Rg < 109 Ω, Typical average resistance to ground2) Rg ≤ 107 Ω, Body voltage generation2) < 100 V, System Resistance (Person/Floor/Shoe)3) <35 M Ω
- Consumption: Conductive seal/roller coat 0.14-0.16 kg/m2 per coat, Conductive Wall Coat max. 0.10 kg/m2 per coat
- Pot Life: 30 minutes at 20°C
- Curing Time: 24 hours at 20°C
- Foot Traffic: 12 hours at 20°C
- Light Traffic: 12 hours at 20°C
- Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Clean tools with water after use
- Available in RAL 1001, 1015, 7030, 7032, 7035, 7038, 7040, 7042, 7044, 7046, 9002. All colours are approximate. Under direct sun light there may be some discolouration and colour deviation; this has no influence on the function and performance of the coating.
- Available in 6 Kg