Sika Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo is a two part, textured, highbuild coloured epoxy resin coating. Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo is the main wearing course of the Sikafloor® Multidur ET-14 ECF System.
Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo may only be used by experienced professionals. Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo is used as a decorative and protective electrostatic conductive
textured coating for concrete or cement screeds with normal up to medium heavy wear. Suitable as a wearing course in industries, such as automotive, electronics and pharmaceutical manufacturing, storage facilities and warehouses.
Particularly suitable for areas with sensitive electronic equipment e.g. CNC machinery, computer rooms, aircraft maintenance sheds, battery-charging rooms and areas subjected to high explosion risks etc.
- Electrostatic conductive
- Good chemical and mechanical resistance
- Slip resistance
- Easy to clean
- Liquid proof
- Total solid
The concrete substrate must be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm²) with a minimum pull off strength of 1.5 N/mm². The substrate must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. If in doubt apply a test area first.
Concrete substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning or scarifying equipment to remove cement laitance and achieve an open textured
surface. Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed. Repairs to the substrate, filling of blowholes/voids and surface levelling must be carried out using appropriate products from the Sikafloor®, SikaDur® and SikaGard ® range of materials. The concrete or screed substrate has to be primed or levelled in order to achieve an even surface. Unevenness influences the film thickness and thus the conductivity. High spots must be removed by e.g. grinding. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum.
Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A, mix continuously for 3 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To
ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimize air entrainment.
Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment.
Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo (unfilled) is applied with a serrated trowel for textured wearing layer e.g. Trowel No. 999 or Adhesive Spreader No.777, Toothed blades
No. 23 = A3’ (www.polyplan.com) and then back-rolled (crosswise) with a textured roller.
- Sikafloor®-262 AS N Thixo conforms to the requirements of LEED EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings SCAQMD Method 304-91 VOC Content < 100 g/l
- Textured, high-build coloured epoxy resin coating according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN 13813, DoP 02 08 01 02 014 0 000010 2017, certified by Factory Production Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CE-mark.
- 2 Component Epoxy
- Electrostatic Behaviour: Resistance to ground1) Rg < 109 Ω, Typical average resistance to ground2) Rg < 106 Ω
- Theoretical Consumption: Wearing course textured (Film thickness ~ 0.5 mm) = 0.75 Kg per m2
- Relative Humidity: 80% r.h. max.
- Ambient Air Temperature: +10°C min. / +30°C max.
- The substrate and uncured floor must be at least 3°C above dew point to reduce the risk of condensation or blooming on the floor finish.
- Pot Life: Roughly 25 minutes at 20°C
- Ready for Foot Traffic: 24 hours at 20°C
- Ready for Light Traffic: 3 days at 20°C
- Ready for Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Clean all tools and application equipment with Sika Thinner C immediately after use.
- Tintable to almost an unlimited palette - Due to the nature of carbon fibres providing the conductivity, it is not possible to achieve exact colour matching. With very bright colours (such as yellow and orange), this effect is increased. Under direct sun light there may be some discoloration and colour variation, this has no influence on the function and performance of the coating.
- Available in 26 Kg