Sikagard®-552 W Aquaprimer is part of a system that complies to EN 1504-2.
Sikagard® 552 W Aquaprimer is a one component, water dispersed primer, offering excellent adhesion to water dispersed, polymer paint coatings, and complying with the requirements of EN 1504-2 for superior protection against water ingress.
Sikagard® 552 W Aquaprimer is best used in areas where moisture and humidity is a concern and works as part of a system that protects the substrate and ensures a long term protective solution.
Sikagard® 552 W Aquaprimer can be applied using brush, roller or spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 8-10m2 per Kg, which depends on the porosity of the substrate.
Test report from IBAC Aachen dd 07.04.1993 in combination with Sikagard® 545 W Elastofill.
Test report acc. ZTV-SIB OS DII from the Polymer Institute dd 16.10.01 Nr. P 2703/01-125.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 552 W Aquaprimer has been designed for application to concrete, and dense mineral substrates such as, fibre cement, aerated concrete, gypsum and smooth coatings like Sika Monotop 610.
- Sikagard® 552 W Aquaprimer is part of a system that complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as protective coating
- Uses Priming coat for concrete and dense mineral substrates like fibre cement, aerated concrete, gypsum and smoothing coating such as Sika MonoTop-610, etc.
- 552 W Aquaprimer can also be used as a primer on firmly adhering existing water based coatings
- 552 W Aquaprimer is part of the system:
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.3 of EN 1504-9).
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.2 of EN 1504-9).
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.2 of EN 1504-9)
- Water dispersed - solvent free
- Environmentally friendly
- Water vapour permeable
- Can be used as an adhesion promoter
- Theoretical coverage 0.10 - 0.12 kg/m2 dependent on the absorbency of the substrate
- Available in 10 litre units.