Sika Sikafloor 390 ECF is a two part flexible and chemically resistant electrostatic conductive epoxy coating for concrete and screed surfaces.
Sika Sikafloor®-390 ECF is a two part, electrostatic conductive self-smoothing, flexible, coloured epoxy resin with high chemical resistance. Sika Sikafloor®-390 ECF is the main wearing course of the Sikafloor® Multidur ES-39 ECF System, the Sikafloor® Multidur ES-39 ECF/V System and the Sikafloor® Multidur EB-39 ECF System.
Sika Sikafloor®-390 ECF may only be used by experienced professionals. Sika Sikafloor 390 ECF crack-bridging and chemically resistant coating for concrete and screed surfaces in bund areas for the protection against water contaminating liquids (according resistance table). Electrostatic conductive wearing course for areas
subject to chemical exposure which are likely to crack.
- High chemical resistance
- Liquid proof
- Electrostatic conductive
The concrete substrate must be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm²) with a minimum pull off strength of 1.5 N/mm². The substrate must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. If in doubt apply a test area first. Concrete substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning or scarifying equipment to remove cement laitance and achieve an open textured surface.
Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed. Repairs to the substrate, filling of blowholes/voids and
surface levelling must be carried out using appropriate products from the Sikafloor®, SikaDur® and SikaGard ® range of materials.
The concrete or screed substrate has to be primed or levelled in order to achieve an even surface. High spots must be removed by e.g. grinding. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum.
To ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimise air entrainment. Sikafloor®-390 ECF must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment.
Wearing course (horizontal areas):
Sikafloor®-390 ECF is poured, spread evenly by means of a serrated trowel e.g. Large-Surface Scraper No. 656, Toothed blades No. 25. After spreading the material evenly, turn the serrated trowel and smooth the surface in order to achieve an aesthetically higher grade of finish. Roll immediately (within max. 10 minutes of application) in two directions with a steel spiked roller to ensure even thickness and to remove entrapped air. To obtain the highest level of aesthetic finish, spike roll in two directions at a 90 degree angle, passing only once in each direction.
Wearing course (vertical areas):
The first layer of Sikafloor®-390 ECF, mixed with 2.5 - 4wt.-% Extender T, has to be applied by trowel. After placing of the earthing plates and application of the
conductivity layer, apply the second layer of Sikafloor®-390 ECF, mixed with 2.5 - 4 wt.-% Extender T, by trowel.
Wearing course with slip resistance:
Sikafloor®-390 ECF is poured, spread evenly by means of a serrated trowel e.g. Large-Surface Scraper No. 656, Toothed blades No. 25 (www.polyplan.com) and
the fresh layer is broadcasted to excess with silicon carbide 0.5 - 1.0 mm. After final drying the surplus silicon carbide must be swept off and the surface must
- LEED Rating Sikafloor®-390 ECF conforms to the requirements of LEED EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings SCAQMD Method 304-91 VOC Content < 100 g/l
- Self-smoothing, coloured epoxy resin coating according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN 13813, DoP 02 08 01 02 020 000008 2017, certified by Factory Production
Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CE-mark
- Conforms to the requirements of DIN IEC 61340-4-1 (Internal Test)
- Particle emission certificate Sikafloor®-390 ECF CSM Statement of Qualification - ISO 14644-1, class 1 and GMP class A, Report No. SI 1204-593
- Outgassing emission certificate Sikafloor®-390 ECF CSM: CSM Statement of Qualification - ISO 14644-8, class -9.6 - Report No. SI 1204-593
- Biological Resistance in accordance with ISO 846, CSM Report No. SI 1204-593
- Fire classification in accordance with DIN 4102 part 1 and part 14, Report-No. 130682-2, class B1, Institute Hoch, Germany, June 2013
- Chemical Resistance: Resistant to many chemicals. Please ask for detailed chemical resistance table.
- Electrostatic Behaviour: Resistance to ground1) Rg < 109 Ω, Typical Resistance to Ground: Rg < 106 Ω
- Tintable to a wide range of colour groups
- Wearing course horizontal areas (Film thickness ~ 1.5 mm): Sikafloor®-390 ECF - 2.5 kg/m²
- Pot Life: 30 minutes at 20°C
- Due to the nature of the carbon fibers providing the conductivity, it is not possible to achieve exact colour matching. With very bright colours (such as yellow and orange), this effect is increased. Under direct sun radiation there may be some discolouration and colour deviation, this has no influence on the function and 2 Sikafloor®-390 ECF 2/7 performance of the coating.
- Clean Tools with Thinners C
- Available in 25 Kg