We currently have a small batch of out of date tins available in White. Use by date is recommended by June 2020. Get a bargain with this discounted stock. For any queries contact our technical team on 01462 421333.
Sika Sikagard® 406W (206W), formerly Liquid Plastics Biosheen (Sterimatt), is a single component, coloured, waterborne modified acrylic resin surface coating that contains an organic in-film preservative.
Sikagard® 406W is a coloured coating for use on walls and ceilings.
Sikagard® 406W provides an anti-bacterial coating for use in environments where cleanliness and hygiene are of extreme importance and where these high level standards need to be maintained at all times. Sikagard® 406W provides a tough, abrasive resistant coating that withstands regular cleaning and the use of mild detergents and cleaners. It is ideal for hospital and kitchen environments, which are exposed to bacteria and contaminants on a regular basis.
Sikagard® 406W can be applied using a brush, short pile or sheepskin roller or airless spray and offers excellent coverage rates of approximately 6 square metres per litre per coat. Sikagard® 406W is quick drying, tough and very durable. It dries to a seamless, matt finish and is available in a range of soft shades. Please read the technical data sheet for full preparation and application methods.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 406W has been designed for use on walls and ceilings in both domestic and commercial environments that are exposed to bacteria on a daily basis. It provides a surface that can be easily and regularly cleaned without damaging the surface. Sikagard® 406W is suited for use on concrete, brickwork, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic.
Sika Sikagard 406W is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikagard Wallcoat AL-11 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AL-12 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AS-12 Hygienic
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
- Formerly Liquid Plastics Biosheen (Sterimatt)
- Contains an in-organic in-film preservative
- Coloured coating for internal walls and ceilings
- Suitable for use on a range of substrates
- Suitable for clean rooms in the pharmaceutical and medical industry.
- Also suitable for use in Hospitality, Institutional and Leisure Industries
- Provides a maintenance layer on existing coatings
- Fast drying product
- Elastomeric products resists cracking and flaking
- Resilient to regular cleaning with mild detergents
- Good water vapour permeability
- Seamless, easy clean matt finish
- Good coverage (opacity)
- Theoretical coverage 5.88m2 per litre
- Apply 2 coats over Sika Bonding Primer
- Low odour
- Size: 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.