This product has been discontinued. Please call our technical team in regards alternatives.
Sikagard® 215W, formerly Liquid Plastics Sterisheen Si, is a single component, coloured, waterborne, modified, acrylic resin surface coating that contains a silver ion based in-film preservative. Sikagard® 215W is part of Promain extensive range of Hygiene coatings designed for use on walls and ceilings, internally.
Sikagard® 215W is commonly used for providing an antibacterial coating for use in environments where cleanliness and hygiene are extremely important and standards need to be maintained to a high level at all times. Sikagard® 215W provides a tough , abrasive coating that can be cleaned on a regular basis using mild detergents and cleaners. Ideal for use in hospitals and Kitchens exposed to differing contaminants every day.
Sikagard® 215W can be applied using brush, roller or spray offering excellent hiding power and coverage rates of approximately 6m2 per litre, per coat. Sikagard® 215W is quick drying, tough and very durable and dries to form a seamless, mid-sheen finish, available in a selection of pale and light shades.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 215W has been designed especially for use on walls and ceilings in environments that are exposed to bacteria on a daily basis, to provide a surface that can be easily cleaned regularly without damaging the surface. Sikagard® 215W is suited for use on concrete, brickwork, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic and so can be used for most appliances found in the working industry.
- Sikagard® 215W.
- Formerly Liquid Plastics Sterisheen SI.
- A single component, coloured, waterborne, modified acrylic resin based surface coating containing a silver ion based in-film preservative.
- Coloured coating for internal walls and ceilings.
- For concrete, bricks, cement based and gypsum substrates, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic.
- Suitable for clean rooms in the electronics, pharmaceutical and medical industry.
- Also suitable for food and beverage industry, hospitals, healthcare facilities, kitchens and prisons and leisure facilities.
- Maintenance layer on existing coatings.
- Easy application.
- Fast drying, two coats in one working day.
- Elastomeric, resists cracking and flaking.
- Good resistance to repeated cleaning regimes using mild detergents and cleaning solutions.
- Tough and highly durable.
- Good water vapour permeability.
- Seamless, easy clean mid-sheen finish.
- Good covering and hiding power.
- Low odour.
- 5 litres is expected to cover 30m2 each coat.
- Available in 5 and 15 litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.