Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging Masonry Paint (Formerly Decadex) is an anti carbonation wall paint designed to be water permeable and offers excellent resistance against harsh elements and ageing.
Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging (Formerly Decadex) offers excellent anti carbonation properties with high diffusion resistance against CO2 and the damages it can cause.
Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging Masonry Paint is a plasto elastic coating with excellent crack bridging qualities, even at low temperatures, below freezing. Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging Masonry Paint is environmentally friendly and works well at reducing dirt pick up and contamination.
- Sikagard®-550 W Elastic is used for protection and enhancement of concrete structures (normal and lightweight concrete), especially exposed outdoor concrete surfaces with a risk of cracking
- Sikagard®-550 W Elastic is used with concrete repair works as an elastic protective coating on Sika® smoothing mortar (refer to relevant product / system
data sheet), fibre cement and overcoating of existing soundly adhering coatings
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Crack-bridging even at low temperatures (-20°C)
- High diffusion resistance against CO2 reducing the rate of carbonation
- Water vapour permeable
- Very good resistance against weathering and ageing
- Environmentally friendly (solvent free)
- Reduced tendency to dirt pick up and contamination
- The system is resistant to aggressive atmospheric influences
Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging Masonry Paint (Formerly Decadex) can be applied using a brush, roller or airless spray, offering extreme resistance against weathering and ageing. It should be applied over a primer and has a coverage rate of 0.75 litre per square metres. Sikagard® 550W requires 2-3 coats and is supplied in 15 litre plastic tubs.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging Masonry Paint is available in most RAL and BS colours and can be used internally or externally, providing brick and concrete walls with protection and aesthetic enhancement. Sikagard® 550W Elastic Crack Bridging (Formerly Decadex) can be used in extreme conditions of up to minus 20 degrees celsius.
- Complies with the requirements for Class 0, as defined in paragraph A13(b) of approved document B ‘fire safety’ to the Building regulations dated 20.11.2012 Nr 323721 & 323722 EN 1504-2 performance testing, LPM Report A-33’882-2 dated July 09
- The product is included in a compilation of tested products and systems as per OS 5a (OS DII) at the German Institute of Road Systems
- Determination of dynamic crack bridging properties according to EN 1062-7, report P8690a dated 27/08/2014, Kiwa Polymer Institut GmbH
- BBA Certified
- Please allow 7-10 days for delivery
|Type:||Plastoelastic coating based on UV-curing acrylic dispersion|
|Tintable:||Available in almost every RAL colour shades. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangable.|
|VOC Content:||40.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For protection and enhancement of concrete structures (normal and lightweight concrete), especially exposed outdoor concrete
surfaces with a risk of cracking. Used with concrete repair works as an elastic protective coating on Sika smoothing mortar (refer to relevant product / system data sheet), fibre cement and overcoating of existing soundly adhering coatings
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||0.25 - 0.35 Kg per m2|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Overcoatable:||Minimium 8 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||Approx 7 days at 20°C. Must be protected from rain for at least 4 hours at 20°C.|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Sika Thinner C|
|Shelf Life:||12 months from date of production if stored properly in undamaged and unopened original sealed packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 15 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.