Owatrol Oxid Vernis is a single pack clear varnish, enriched with polyurethane-modified alkyd resins for use on new or oxidised metals that have previously been treated with Owatrol Oil and where the natural look of the surface is to be maintained.
Owatrol Oxid Vernis is ideal for long lasting protection against the damage of UV rays and is especially adapted for harsh environments. Ideal for interior or exterior use either vertically or horizontally. Suitable for ferrous and non ferrous metals. Perfect for metal furniture, gates, fences, ornaments, pergolas. Not suitable for floors.
- Decorates, Protects, Weatherproofs – High UV resistance.
- Long lasting – Optimal protection in harsh climates.
- High resistance – Fog, Snow, Rain, Salt water…
- Ideal for highly humid interior environments.
- Expands and contracts with the structure – No peeling.
- Easy application. Washable.
- Maintains the natural appearance of the substrate.
Cover and protect everything you do not wish to coat. Apply between 10°C (50°F) and 30°C (86°F). Do not apply in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces. Ensure room is well ventilated when using inside. Apply using brush, roller or spray. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of all grease, oil, salt and other surface contamination.
Use an appropriate solvent depending on the substrate and contamination e.g. Acetone, Water etc.
Ferrous Metals (New or Rusted): Remove all traces of mill scale, rust, rust scale and other foreign matter by blasting, grinding or mechanical abrasion.
Round off any sharp edges to allow better film build. Remove all blast or manual preparation residue by vacuum cleaner, air blower or stiff clean brush. If required and desired wipe over surface with a cloth soaked in a fast flash off solvent e.g. Acetone (NOT White Spirit) to remove any remaining dust residue. Allow to dry. Apply an application of Owatrol Oil* and allow to dry.
Non-ferrous Metals (New or Oxidised): Abrade surface using appropriate grade abrasive paper or a phosphoric passivating solution e.g. Owatrol Owayel). For Aluminium surfaces ensure abrasive is compatible. If required thoroughly dust off and wipe surface with a cloth soaked in a fast flash off solvent e.g. Acetone (NOT White Spirit) to remove any remaining dust residue. Allow to dry. Apply an application of Owatrol Oil* and allow to dry.
- Flash point: > 60°C (140°F)
- Solid content: 58% ±3.
- Drying Times (at 20°C (68°F) and 50% RH):
- Touch dry: 5 hours.
- Recoat: 24 hours.
- Dry: 24 hours, depending on temperature and humidity
- Container size: 0.75L, 2.5L.
- Shelf life: 2 years minimum in original, unopened packaging.
- VOC: EU limit for this product (cat A/e): 400 g/L (2010). This product contains a maximum of 400 g/L.
- Colour: Clear.
- Available in 2.5 Litres