Owatrol Marine CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is a rust inhibiting primer which is suitable for finishing with both single and 2-pack paints and finishes.
Owatrol Marine CIP is ideal as a high performance metal protector for severe conditions such as marine or tropical environments. With the ability to resist corrosive fumes, Owatrol Marine CIP is perfect for protecting ballast tanks of ships, protection where a high resistant paint or two-pack finish is necessary. Owatrol Marine CIP has outstanding adherance on clean bright steel.
- Accepts all paint types – Polyurethane, Epoxy, Chlorinated, Rubber, Car paints, etc.
- Ideal for difficult conditions such as marine environments
- Stabilises the surface whilst penetrating the substrate, driving out excess moisture and air
- Provides a solid stable layer that other paints can firmly adhere to
- Minimal preparation required – eliminates the need for sandblasting
Surfaces must first be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other surface contaminants. Remove all mill scale; loose and ﬂaking rust and old paint back to a sound surface and edge and feather in any sharp edges. Any surfaces exposed to chemicals (acids, alkalis or salt deposits) should be washed using copious amounts of water or steam cleaned. Severely contaminated surfaces should be cleaned using an appropriate solvent. Stir well before and during use. Do not thin.
When applying Owatrol Marine CIP to new surfaces, prime with 1 coat of marine CIP and allow to dry. For surfaces subject to aggressive climatic conditions apply 2 priming coats. Apply 2 coats to lightly rusted or new unpainted rusty steel. For old or severly rusted surfaces either apply coats of Owatrol Marine CIP allowing drying time between coats or apply wet on wet applications of Owatrol Marine Oil until the rust is fully saturated and allow to dry for 24 hours and then apply 2 coats of Owatrol Marine CIP allowing drying time between coats.
- Universal rust inhibiting primer for all paint types - Will not dissolve or break down when high solvent paints applied to it
- Penetrates and stabilises the surface, forming a solid stable layer that other coatings can firmly adhere to
- Pigmentation offers increased protection and perfect film-forming qualities.
- Easy to use, no need for sanding or sandblasting
- Use on new or rusted surfaces - interior and exterior
- High temperature resistance up to 175°C.
- Finish: Satin
- Solvent Type: Solvent
- Flash point: > 60°C.
- Temperature Resistance (Fully Cured Dry Film): + 175˚C
- Shelf life: 2 years minimum in original unopened packaging
- Touch Dry: 6 hours
- Dry Time: 24 hours, depending on temperature and humidity
- Re-coating Time: 24-72 hours depending on fi nish: C.I.P. 24 hours; Oil/Alkyd paints 24-48 hours; High Solvent paints i.e. 2 pack, urethane etc 48-72 hours.
- Colour: Brick Red
- Available in 2.5 Litres