Please note, this product is now discontinued. Contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Timberex Gold is a solvent free wood finishing oil for the protection of wooden floors such as sports halls, galleries or private homes.
Timberex Gold is a virtually solvent-free product made from natural, fast-drying oils and resins which penetrate deeply into the wood. Filling and enriching the pores it cures to seal and protect from within. Timberex Gold has up to three times the coverage of other oils and is very fast curing, making it ideal for sports halls, art galleries or private homes.
- Cured and buffed surface has a highly wear and water-resistant finish with a deep satin sheen
- Colour is enriched and grain patterns are highlighted on the smooth, easily maintained surface
Punch down any nail heads, fill any small holes or imperfections with proprietary coloured timber filler (plastic wood) and leave to cure. The wood should not have excessive gaps through which the product could seep and affect the bond of any adhesive layer or rooms below. Floors should be free from any barrier to penetration. Sand at least twice starting with coarse sandpaper, and use 120 grade maximum sandpaper for the final sanding. Clean the surface by vacuum.
It is advisable to test a small area first to ensure that the desired effect is achieved.
1. Apply the first coat of Timberex Gold by squeegee. Accidental splashes on surrounding surfaces must be removed immediately. Keep moving the oil to areas where it is being absorbed. It must not dry between coats.
2. Apply a second coat after 20-30 minutes or sooner if the first coat is quickly absorbed.
3. Apply further coats at 20-30 minute intervals until the wood will not absorb any more oil.
4. After 30 minutes, while there is a thin, even surface residue of unabsorbed Timberex Gold, it is important to thoroughly buff the wet surface with a red nylon pad at approximately 150 rpm.
5. Remove ALL unabsorbed Timberex Gold immediately with a cloth placed over the nylon pad, to leave a matt surface. Place all oil impregnated cloths etc 6. When the surface has dried after 4-6 hours, it is important to buff thoroughly with a Red grade nylon pad to close the surface, provide a satin sheen and to remove any minor ‘bleed-back’.immediately into a bucket filled with water.
- Maintenance: Floors which have been oiled for the first time should be treated with maintenance oils - Timberex Satin Oil Gold or Timberex Satin Oil Gold
Mousse after 6-12 months and thereafter at annual intervals or as required. Timberex Bio-C neutral cleaner will remove general dirt. Avoid alkaline soaps.
- Theoretical Coverage: 10 - 15m2 per litre. Coverage on end-grain wood will be greatly reduced
- Available in 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.