Timberex Hard Wax Oil greatly enhances colours and grain and allows wood to age naturally into rich varying tones. Can be used on wooden floors and worktops.
Timberex Hard Wax Oil is the result of the latest scientific research regarding the appropriate treatment for wood surfaces. Environmentally friendly, microporous, water repellent, dirt and wear resistant. Will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant against wine, beer, coffee, tea, fruit juices, and fizzy drinks. Safe to humans, animals and plants when dry.
The oils penetrate deeply into the wood surface, protecting it from the inside and keeping it healthy and elastic, whilst the hard wax protects the surface making the wood hard wearing, non slip and easy to maintain. Timberex Hard Wax Oil becomes a permanent part of the wood and requires no sanding when renovating.
- Made from fast curing natural plant oils and wax
- Same day application and finish
- Easy to apply
- Easily refurbished
- Does not leave swirl marks
Timberex Hard Wax Oil should be stored at 20°C - 30°C for 8 hours prior to use. Ensure that the oil is stirred prior and during use.
The wood surface must be clean and dry. Any varnish or lacquer must be sanded off using grade 120 for the fi nal sanding. Clean the surface using Timberex Bio-C. As soon as the surface is dry the application of Timberex Hard Wax Oil can begin. Please read the data sheets carefully before application.
Due to the fast curing nature of this product, application can be completed in one day. We always recommend to test on a small area if possible. Stir the product thoroughly before and during use to ensure consistent dispersion of the carnauba wax.
1. Apply a thin coat of Timberex Hard Wax Oil using a natural brisal brush or roller. Accidental splashes on surrounding areas should be removed immediately with a cloth.
2. Wait 3 hours before applying an additional coat using the same method as above.
3. After 15 minutes, remove any excess oil using a cotton cloth. Alternatively use a buffer with a red or white nylon pad.
4. Let the surface dry overnight while the oil hardens. The surface can be taken into light use the following day. The surface will gradually become more water-resistant over the following few days. Only vacuum the surface for the first five days, any liquid spillages should be removed immediately during this period.
- Warning: Applicators, cloths etc. impregnated with the product should be put in a bucket of water immediately after use to eliminate any risk of spontaneous combustion common in some natural drying oils based on linseed. Place the bucket outside the building. The contents must be disposed according to local regulations.
- Timberex Hard Wax Oil should be stored at 20°C - 30°C for 8 hours prior to use. Ensure that the oil is stirred prior and during use.
- Cleaner: Timberex Bio-C Cleaner is recommended for use on all oil treated surfaces
- Use Timberex Hard Wax Oil for rejuvenating the surface on a regular basis (Once a year or when needed). This will also gradually build more resistance
to wear and tear, eliminating the need for re-sanding and re-application.
- Theoretical Coverage: 15 - 20m2 per litre
- Available in matt or satin finish
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.