Timberex Heavy Duty UV uses natural, fast drying oils and resins which penetrate deeply into internal wooden flooring. Filling and enriching the pores it cures to seal and protect from within. Specially formulated for high traffic areas,has been used extensively in airports, sports halls, museums, art galleries, conference centres, offices etc.
The new and improved Timberex Heavy Duty formulation now includes a UV-blocker which will inhibit the bleaching of the surface by harmful UV rays. Using natural, fast drying oils and resins which penetrate deeply into the wood. Filling and enriching the pores it cures to seal and protect from within. Specially formulated for high traffic areas, Timberex Heavy Duty UV has been used extensively in airports, sports halls, museums, art galleries, conference centres, offices etc.
- Cured and buffed surface has a highly wear and water-resistant finish with a deep satin sheen
- Colour is enriched and grain patterns are highlighted on the smooth, easily maintained surface
Punch down any nail heads, fill any small holes or imperfections with proprietary coloured timber filler (plastic wood) and leave to cure. The wood should not have excessive gaps through which the product could seep and affect the bond of any adhesive layer or rooms below. Floors should be free from any barrier to penetration. Sand at least twice starting with coarse sandpaper, and use 120 grade maximum sandpaper for the final preparatory sanding. Clean the surface by vacuuming and
damp wipe the entire floor using a very well wrung-out cloth, and allow to dry.
It is advisable to test a small area fi rst to ensure that the desired result is achieved. Timberex Heavy Duty UV is designed to deeply penetrate and protect from within the wood and must not be used to form a surface coating.
1. Apply the fi rst coat of Timberex Heavy Duty UV using a wide brush,roller or platform pad. Accidental splashes on surrounding surfaces must be removed immediately. Keep moving the oil to areas where it is being absorbed. It must not dry between coats.
2. Apply a second coat after 20-30 minutes or sooner, if the fi rst coat is quickly absorbed.
3. Apply a third coat after 20-30 minutes. Apply further coats until the wood will not absorb any more oil.
4. After a final 30 minutes, while there is a thin, even surface residue of unabsorbed Timberex Heavy Duty UV, it is important to thoroughly buff the wet surface with a red grade nylon pad at approximately 150 rpm.
5. Remove ALL unabsorbed Timberex Heavy Duty UV immediately with cloths, leaving a matt finish at this stage. Place all oil-impregnated cloths etc into a bucket fi lled with water..
6. Place all oil-impregnated cloths etc into a bucket filled with water.
7. When the surface has dried after 6-10 hours, it is important to thoroughly buff with a Red grade nylon pad to close the surface, provide a satin sheen and to remove any minor ‘bleedback’.
- The surface will normally be sufficiently dry to walk on after 24 hours. Dry vacuum only during the first 10 days and remove liquid spillages immediately. The surface will gradually increase in water-resistance. Any initial light water marking is easily removed by soft nylon pad in conjunction with Timberex Heavy Duty UV
or one of the maintenance products from the Timberex Satin Oil Range.
- Maintenance: Floors which have been oiled for the first time should be treated with a Timberex Satin Oil product after 6-12 months and thereafter at
annual intervals or as required. Timberex Bio-C neutral cleaner will remove general dirt.
- Theoretical Coverage: 8-12 m2 per litre. Coverage on end-grain wood will be greatly reduced. It is recommended that on ‘end grain’ wood, beech, cherry and other extremely porous woods, a extra coat of oils is applied to reduce excessive absorption
- Available in 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.