This product is now discontinued by Promain. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Treatex Hardwax Oil Ultra is an easy to apply internal wood finish for flooring, stairs, worktops, skirting, furniture and balustrades.
Treatex Hardwax Oil Ultra is formulated to enhance and protect the natural beauty of all your interior timber surfaces. Treatex Hardwax Oil Ultra benefits of being user friendly, easy to apply, and quick drying, whilst improving ease of application and the durability of the finish.
The end result is a hard wearing, attractive finish. Suitable for application to floors, doors and kitchen worktops. Easy to maintain and is spot repairable if the surface is damaged. Treatex Hardwax Oil Ultra is also based on sustainable raw materials and contains no biocides or preservatives.
- Available in Flat Matt, Matt, Satin or Gloss sheen levels
- Has a warming effect on lighter coloured timbers
- No sanding required between coats
- Withstands high temperatures
- Very durable
- Easy to maintain with Treatex Wax Polish
- Spot repairable
- Slip resistance test BS 7976-2PTV. Suitable for domestic, commercial and wet areas.
- Complies with regulation DIN 68861-1B: Resistance to spills of water, wine, beer, coffee, tea, fizzy drinks etc
- Safe for use on children’s toys: DIN EN 71-3
- Meets with VOC emissions regulations
- Recommended for those with dust allergies; dirt and dust can be removed easily
- Contains no biocides, preservatives or carcinogens
- Water resistant
- Slip resistance further increased with the addition of Treatex R12 Anti-Slip Additive
Please Note: Treatex Clear Hardwax Oil must always be used as the final coat when Natural Hardwax Oil or Colour Tones are applied.
Sand substrate with 120-150 grit. Apply a thin coat of Treatex Hardwax Oil ULTRA using a good quality roller. Leave for 10 minutes. Slow buff with a soft pad to remove excess. Finish using a lint free cloth under the buffer. Leave for 45 minutes to dry with good ventilation. Apply the final coat with best quality microfibre roller. Usually ready for use after 8 hours. Usually ready for furniture after 18 hours.
Sand substrate with 100-150 grit. Apply the first coat using a good quality brush or roller. First coat will usually be dry within 3-6 hours with good ventilation. Apply the second coat using a good quality brush or roller. Usually ready for use after 8 hours. Usually ready for furniture after 18 hours.
Treatex , like other natural oil based products contains Linseed oil. If you use a mechanical sander to remove any freshly applied linseed oil based product, you should empty the sawdust out of the machine on a regular basis as there is a small but possible risk of self combustion.
- BS EN 1186-3:2002 Overall migration in aqueous stimulant by total immersion
- BS EN 1186-14:2002 Overall migration in 95% Ethanol and Iso-Octane substitute tests
- BS EN71-3:2013+A1:2013 Migration of Heavy Metal from Toys and Toy Materials
- Slip Resistant to R10 and R12 when combined with Treatex anti slip additive
- Certified food safe
This product is compatible with:
- Treatex Colour Tones
- Treatex Hardener
- Treatex Thinner
- Treatex Hardwax Oil for Timber Floors, Natural
- Treatex Wax Polish
- Treatex Floor Care
- Treatex Preparation Cleaner
- Treatex R12 Anti-Slip Additive
|Finish:||Flat Matt, Matt, Satin, Gloss|
|Suitable Substrates:||For internal wood|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||20 m2 per litre per coat depending on substrate|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Ready for Use:||8 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||45 minutes at 20°C|
|Ready for Furnture:||18 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||White Spirit|
|Shelf Life:||2 years minimum in original unopened containers.|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 and 10 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.