Teamac Tropical Killa Anti-fouling Boat (Marine) Paint is an economical copper based antifouling coating for wooden, metal and fibreglass boats and is suitable for boat speeds up to 25 - 30 knots maximum.
Teamac Tropical Killa Antifouling Boat (Marine) Paint is an economical copper based antifouling coating for wooden, metal and fibreglass boats. Antifoul provides a scrubbable surface for seasonal protection. Suitable for domestic and commercial vessels with steel, wood, or glass fibre (GRP) hulls. Antifouling Boat Paint discourages the growth of barnacles, weed, and other water life on the submersed hull of your boat or underwater structures.
PROMAIN ARE DELIGHTED TO MAKE A DONATION TO THE ROYAL NATIONAL LIFEBOAT INSTITUTION FOR EVERY TIN OF TEAMAC TROPICAL KILLA ANTIFOUL PAINT ORDERED THROUGH US.
What is it best used for?
Teamac Tropical Killa Anti-fouling Paint is a modified resin/chlorinated rubber based composition containing cuprous oxide best used on steel, wood or glassfibre boat and yacht surfaces. Tropical Killa Antifoul is suitable for boat speeds of up to 30 knots maximum and is available in black, blue and red.
How to apply the product?
Teamac Tropical Killa should be applied by brush, roller or spray. It is recommended that professional users use spray for a smarter finish. After 2 hours the surface will be touch dry and ready for recoating after a minimum of 16 hours. Once applied, Tropical Killa will produce a semi-gloss finish in either black, blue or red. The theoretical coverage rate of Tropical Killa is 10m2 per litre.
Surface/Environment is it designed for?
Teamac Tropical Killa is an antifouling paint designed for use on wood, steel or fibreglass boat hulls in Marine based environment. Surfaces should be primed with 2 coats of Metaclor Underwater Primer when painting metal or wood before Tropical Killa is applied.
Teamac Tropical Killa Antifouling Features
- A modified resin / chlorinated rubber based composition containing cuprous oxide.
- Suitable for steel, wood or glassfibre boat and yacht surfaces.
- Suitable for boat speeds up to 25 - 30 knots maximum.
- Semi-gloss finish available in Black, Blue and Red.
- Prime with 2 coats of Metaclor Underwater Primer on Metal and Wood (not required on GRP).
- Teamac Tropical Killa Anti-foul Technical
- Anti-foul A paint can be applied by brush or roller (spray intended by professionals).
- Cleaning with Thinners 17.
- Drying time - Touch Dry - 2 hours, Hard Dry - 12 hours, Overcoating - 16 hours minimum.
- The theoretical coverage rate is 10 m2 per litre.
- Apply 2 coats.
- Available in 2.5, 5 and 20 litre (Red only) paint tins.