Owatrol Vegafloor is a single pack, environmentally friendly, water based, polyurethane product, designed to offer protection and enhance the wood's natural beauty without changing colour.
Owatrol Vegafloor is available in Clear Gloss, Satin or Matt and can be applied over previously solvent / waterborne varnished surfaces.
Owatrol Vegafloor has been designed specifically for protecting wooden substrates found internally or externally and works to maintain the woods natural appearance. With excellent abrasion resistance, Owatrol Vegafloor is ideal for use in areas of high trafficking exposed to a large level of foot exposure on a daily basis. As well as this, Owatrol Vegafloor offers protection against common spillages including chemicals, and household liquids like tea and coffee, that might have stained the flooring.
- Polyurethane resin varnish. Non-slip
- Protects and enhances the natural beauty of the wood
- Maintains the woods natural colour
- Easy to use. Quick drying
- Excellent mechanical and chemical resistance, including ammonia based products
- Colourless - Odourless
- Non-yellowing and resistant to light
- Protects and enhances staircases, parquet flooring, veneered flooring
- May be tinted with Owatrol Primafloor or a universal colourant (max 5 %)
- Always test tinted product on a small area first to determine final colour and result
- May be applied over previously solvent or waterborne varnished surfaces
Surfaces must be dry, clean, free of dirt, grease and other surface contamination including previous coatings. Owatrol Vegafloor can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or wood surfaces previously finished with Owatrol Vegafloor or a solvent or waterborne floor varnish in good condition. ALL other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed. Always clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner after each sanding, including any dust traps (skirting, radiators, pipes, window sills, etc).
Sand wooden floor using appropriate system and abrasive grades, depending on condition of surface and wood species. Cracks of 2 mm wide or less should be filled with LIANFLOOR®* and sanding resumed with 80 or 100 grit paper depending on the last grit used. Finish with finishing grade up to grit No. 120 or 150 depending on the wood species and thickness of wear layer.
If required treat new or old bare wood with Owatrol TMU 84 to protect against fungal attack and blue stain. Prime all bare wood surfaces with Owatrol Primafloor.
New wood surfaces:
Degrease surface with denatured alcohol, acetone or similar solvent based product. Prepare and sand surface as instructed in “General directions” above.
Previously treated surfaces (oiled or polished):
Previously oiled or polished surfaces should be dry stripped with Owatrol CDKP® 90. After stripping degrease surface with with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product. Prepare and sand surface as instructed in “General directions” above.
Previously varnished surfaces in good condition:
Clean floor meticulously with Owatrol Spacenett. Repeat procedure if required. Sand surface with grit No 100 or 120 to remove surface imperfections and dull existing finish. Meticulously vacuum surface.
Previously treated surfaces in poor condition:
Remove existing finish by sanding or stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90. After stripping degrease surface with with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product. Prepare and sand surface as instructed in “General directions” above.
Facing the light and starting opposite the door so as to work towards it, apply a first even and generous coat of Owatrol Vegafloor. Always maintain a wet edge to avoid overlaps.
- Start with a brush at the edges, then do the remaining surface with a roller, working in areas of 2 m by 2 m
- Do 3 criss-cross passes in one application.
- Allow to dry for 4 hours depending on the ambient conditions.
- Sand floor (grit No. 150 to 180) to dull the surface and aid adhesion of the 2nd coat.
- Apply 2nd coat of Owatrol Vegafloor. Do not leave more than 12 hours between application of the 1st and 2nd coat.
- Tip: To increase Owatrol Vegafloor’s performance it may be reinforced with the hardener Durcisse ur UFL*.
- Add 10 % Durcisse ur U FL* to the 2nd coat of Owatrol Vegafloor.
- Carefully mix the two products, for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Use mixed product within 4 hours.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Vegafloor works to preserve the natural colour of any wooden surface it is applied to and is particularly suited for use in bedrooms, lounges, bathrooms, corridors, dining rooms, kitchens and on stairs. When exposed to sunlight, Owatrol Vegafloor will not yellow or fade and is highly resistant to sunlight.
- Polyurethane resin varnish.
- Easy to use. Quick drying.
- Excellent mechanical and chemical resistance, including ammonia based products.
- Colourless - Odourless.
- Non-yellowing and resistant to light.
- May be applied over previously solvent or waterborne varnished surfaces.
- Enhances and protects all wooden floors, new and old including parquet flooring, veneered flooring and staircases. Enhances the woods natural beauty. Maintains the woods natural colour.
- Ideal for : Normal traffic : bedrooms, lounges, bathrooms... Heavy traffic : corridors, stairs, dining rooms, kitchen...
|Finish:||Matt, Satin or Gloss|
|VOC Content:||140 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For internal wooden floors, parquet flooring, veneered flooring and staircasing.|
|Application Method:||High quality synthetic brush.
10 mm (3/8 inch) Medium pile synthetic roller (Polyamide or Polyester).
|Theoretical Coverage:||6 - 7 m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Touch Dry:||3 - 4 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 4 - 12 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||2 weeks at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Water|
|Shelf Life:||1 year in its original unopened container|
|Packaging:||Available in 1 and 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.