This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Jotun WaterFine Topcoat is an acrylic topcoat that provides a hard, glossy and weather resistant finish. It can be applied as part of a water based paint system or on selected solvent based primers.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System N2 and N4
Jotun WaterFine Topcoat is a low solvent, isocyanate free product with no risk of explosion. WaterFine epoxy paint also benefits from a high molecular weight epoxy binder. In addition, it is fast drying product and any equipment used, can be easily cleaned, with fresh water, after use.
Jotun WaterFine coatings can be applied on steel, aluminium and other substrates and are compatible with most generic paint systems. They can be applied to moist surfaces (i.e. the substrates can be moist but the environment should allow water to evaporate and there should not be any condensation on the surface during application).
Jotun WaterFine Topcoat is applied with an airless or conventional spray. A brush can be used for stripe coating and small areas (ensure that the specified dry thickness is achieved). All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from contamination to enable a lasting adhesion. Details of drying and curing times can be found on the Technical Data sheet.
Surface and Environment
Jotun WaterFine Topcoat is suitable for use in atmospheric environments. Typical use would be in the accommodation, engine room, topside and superstructure, of marine environments. It is also suitable for use as a protective coating for industrial structures. Waterfine can also be applied to virtually any weathered existing coating.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System N2 and N4
- Certificate numbers Xn90/n2-089
- Excellent corrosion protection in all atmospheric environments according to ISO 12944
- WaterFine systems are also tested and pre-qualified to NORSOK M-501 standard
- Not flammable, so no risk of explosion
- Jotun's Multicolor Aqua tinting system provides specific colour match
- Theoretical coverage 8 square metres per litre
- Thin with water
- Available in 5 litre tins