Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax protects the end grain from cracks during all elements of weathering. Minimises the water absorption, as well as the seasoning of the end grains.
Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax makes the surface water and dirt resistant. Swelling and shrinking as well as 'bleeding' of the contents of the wood will be reduced. Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax also protects from the inside as it is absorbed into wood capillaries. Swelling and shrinkage as well as the leakage of wood extractives are reduced. It is clear and thus can be used universally.
Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax is especially suitable for end grains of decking, cladding or roof soffits made of hardwood and softwood such as Bangkirai, Teak,
Massaranduba, Garapa, Cumaru as well as Pine, Spruce, Douglas Fir, Larch, Cedar, Thermowood etc.
- Protects edge grain of decking against cracks
- Prevents wood ingredients from bleeding
- High weather resistance
- Safe for human, animal and plant once dry
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Minimises wood swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use.
The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar
surfaces. Apply generously to end grains with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush. To achieve optimal protection for strongly absorbing end grains, we recommend applying the sealing wax two times wet-in-wet or after drying carry out a second coat.
- Apply to the raw end grain only
- To achieve the best protection of strongly absorbing wood grain we recommend to apply 2 coats successively, wet on wet
- Recommended application amount of 150ml/m² for first coat, and 50 ml per m2 for the second coat
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 5m2 per litre of end grain surface with one coat
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- Drying Time: 3 - 4 hours at 23°C
- Available in 5735 Clear
- Available in 375ml
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.