Owatrol Textrol HES is a microporous wood oil produced from natural plant oils, offers high protection against UV rays, for rough sawn, planed, new and seasoned pressure treated softwoods.
Owatrol Textrol HES wood oil has been specially formulated from natural plant oils to offer a durable finish offering high protection against UV rays from sunlight. Textrol HES is a white spirit based microporous non film forming wood oil that penetrates deep into the timber therefore it will not flake.
Textrol HES is suitable for application to rough sawn, planed, new and seasoned pressure treated softwoods offering excellent resistance to the timber expanding and contracting caused by heat and rain. Owatrol HES wood oil is suitable for many exterior soft woods and pressure treated timbers used in the construction of cabins, siding, decks, fences, garden sheds, pergola's steps and railway sleepers etc.
- One coat, penetrating oil finish
- High solids content - Increased UV protection
- Enhances the natural beauty of the wood
- Non-film building - No peeling or flaking
- Microporous - Allows wood to breathe
- Matt-sheen finish
- Based on natural oils
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings. Treat mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub solution on to surface and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly. After cleaning and/or stripping, allow wood to dry 2-3 good drying days or until it has reached a moisture content of 18 % or less before applying finish.
Owarol Textrol HES can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or weathered surfaces previously finished with Owarol Textrol HES. ALL other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed. If necessary sand surface after cleaning and/or stripping (80 grit paper).
Preparation For New Wood Surfaces:
- Rough Sawn: Apply Owarol Textrol HES.
- Planed: New smooth, planed wood has a hard shiny surface called mill-glaze that prevents maximum penetration and adhesion of any finish, this should be removed to ensure maximum performance of the finish. Treat with Owatrol Aquanett or Owatrol Prepdeck and neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol OR sand with 80 grit paper to open the wood pores, dust off and degrease surface with Methylated Spirits.
Preparation For Weathered Wood Surfaces (untreated):
Wood that has weathered longer than 12 months or turned grey should be cleaned with Owatrol Net-Trol to remove all loose wood fibres, dirt and other surface contaminants. If wood is severely contaminated, clean with Owatrol Aquanett or Owatrol Prepdeck and neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol.
Preparation For Previously coated surfaces (oiled, paint, stain, varnish...):
- All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed.
- Oils and sealers: Strip with Owatrol Aquanett or Owatrol Prepdeck, neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol.
- Solvent (oil or alkyd based finishes): Strip with Owatrol Dilunett neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol.
- Acrylic finishes (Water-based): Strip with Owatrol Prepdeck neutralise with Owatrol Net-Trol.
- Other finishes i.e. 2 pack epoxies, urethanes… Strip with Owatrol CDKP 90, neutralise surface with a suitable solvent - Acetone, White Spirits, Methylated Spirits...
Note: Hardwoods and woods rich in tannins e.g. Oak, Chestnut, Douglas Fir, Cedar... may darken with Owatrol Aquanett, Owatrol Prepdeck and Owatrol Dilunett, neutralising with Owatrol Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
Use as is. Do not thin. Stir can well before and during application. Apply a single liberal application of Owatrol Textrol HES working in the direction of the grain.
After 15-30 min’s brush out excess to improve penetration and give a uniform finish. Note: Do not create a film. Owatrol Textrol HES is not a surface coating, its place is in the wood not on the surface.
Please consult Manufacturers Product Data Sheet before application.
- Offers high protection against UV rays from sunlight
- Microporous non film forming wood oil
- Penetrates deep into the timber
- Will not flake
- For exterior use only
- For horizontal and vertical surfaces
|Type:||Based on Natural Oils|
|Stock Colours:||Range of stock colours|
|VOC Content:||400 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For external wood|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12 m2 per litre
Actual coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture, age and porosity of the wood.
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Overcoatable:||Apply in one coat|
|Fully Cured:||24 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean all tools and equipment with white sprits whilst still wet. If allowed to dry, remove with paint stripper.
Note: Any rags etc. soaked in Owatrol Textrol HES may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Rags etc. must be saturated with water after use or placed in a sealed, water filled metal container, before disposing with household waste.
|Shelf Life:||2 years in original, unopened container.|
|Packaging:||Available in 1, 5 and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.