Owatrol Seasonite protects new wood in its vulnerable first year, from the damaging effects of sun and moisture. An immediate application of Owatrol Seasonite seals out excess moisture and protects against
sun damage, so keeping new wood looking new longer.
Owatrol Seasonite is for preventing warping and cracking that causes unsightly and damaging results, treating the wood with Owatrol Seasonite will keep the wood looking new for longer. Using Owatrol Seasonite to treat new timber, allows the new wood to weather naturally in its first year without damage. After 6 to 12 months of weathering, Owatrol Seasonite provides a sound surface for oils, paint and stains. After this period of weathering the wood can then easily maintained and protected by using a penetrating oil finish such as Owatrol Textrol or for a coloured finish we would recommend using Owatrol Solid Color Stain.
Owatrol Seasonite is best used on new exterior timber to protect and stabilise the new exterior wood during its first year of weathering. Owatrol Seasonite can be used to treat pressure treated wood, softwoods such as cedar, pine, Douglas fir etc., and hardwoods such as ash, beech, birch etc. Owatrol Seasonite can be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces, and is perfect for application on new garden decks, cladding, shakes, fences, shingles, exterior wood furniture plus many more.
- Keeps new wood looking new longer
- Minimises the splitting, swelling, cupping and checking caused by exposure to the sun and rain
- Easy to apply - one coat application, even to damp wood
- Colourless - enhances the natural finish
- Ready to use
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime mildew and other surface contaminants. Treat mildew with a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts water. Scrub solution on to surface, allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly. If necessary sand surface after cleaning (80 grit paper).
Wood should be clean and dry or damp but not wet. Apply one liberal, saturating coat to all wood surfaces. Soak into the end grain. When treating a deck, work Owatrol Seasonite into cracks between boards. If dipping shakes or shingles, soak for 10 minutes then allow the excess to drain. Decks can usually be walked on 1 hour after application.
NOTE: Consult our technical team for additional information and advice prior to using Owatrol Seasonite on hardwoods. Do not use Owatrol Seasonite on Oak.
Always consult the manufacturers Technical Data Sheet before application.
Surfaces and Environment
Owatrol Seasonite is for new exterior wood only, and is to be used to protect and stabilise new exterior wood during the first year of weathering. Owatrol Seasonite is Ideal for application on pressure treated wood, softwoods such as cedar, pine, Douglas fir etc., and hardwoods such as ash, beech, birch etc., as well as kiln dried timbers. Owatrol Seasonite can be applied on both horizontal and vertical surfaces such as new garden decks, cladding, shakes, fences, shingles, exterior wood furniture plus many more.
- Seasonite treatment for new and pressure treated wood
- Stabilises and protects the wood during its first 12 months of weathering
- Penetrates the wood and protects it from excess moisture. Allows wood pores to open naturally
- Minimises any splitting, cracking, warping and cupping due to the damaging effects of the sun and rain
- Easy to use
- Minimises the greying & weathering process - prepares the wood for recoating
- After 6-12 months of weathering, Seasonite provides a sound surface for paint, wood stain or other finishes to be applied to.
Where To Use
- Ideal for softwood (Pine, Spruce, Cedar...) and especially for pressure-treated wood
- Vertical or horizontal surfaces
- Use on garden decks, shakes, shingles, cladding, fencing, unfinished outdoor furniture in Pine, Spruce, Cedar or other softwoods
- Apply a generous coat to all dry wood surfaces before or after installation
- Do not apply to weathered wood
|VOC Content:||11 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For new exterior wood|
|Application Method:||Brush, Medium Pile Roller or Garden Sprayer|
|Theoretical Coverage:||5-7 m2 per litre
Actual coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture, age and porosity of the wood.
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Fully Cured:||12 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Do not thin. Clean up with soap and water|
|Shelf Life:||1 year minimum in original unopened packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 1, 2.5 and 15 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.