Jotun Steelmaster 60WB is a single component waterborne intumescent basecoat for use to provide fire protection of structural steel exposed to celulosic fire in C1 to C3 environments.
Jotun Steelmaster 60WB is a single component waterborne acrylic thin film intumescent basecoat normally applied by airless sprayer for use under Jotun Pioner Topcoat that has been independently approved for fire protection of structural steel exposed to celulosic fire in C1 to C3 environments. Steelmaster is also suitable as a mid coat as well as a finish coat in atmospheric environments over correctly applied and approved primers on carbon steel and galvanised steel substrates.
Jotun Steelmaster 60WB is a water based full-passive intumescent coatings especially formulated for application to structural steel. Jotun Steelmaster 60WB has been developed as a high build coating that can be applied by paint brush or roller but is ideally applied by airless sprayer.
Jotun Steelmaster 60WB is able to provide up to one hour fire protection to most structural steel sizes subject to the correct thickness being applied. For calculations and advise on applying this and any other Intumescent coating be it 30 minute or up to 120 minute as well as Class 'O' Spread of Flame, please contact the technical department at Promain.
Intumescent paint coatings are designed to expand in the event of a fire creating an insulating barrier around the steel slowing down the time taken for the steel to distort and finally collapse. Jotun Steelmaster has been tested to BS476 Part 20/21.
- Jotun Steelmaster 60WB basecoat is designed for Cellulosic fire protection
- For use on structural steel exposed to corrosive environment
- Use Jotun Pioner Topcoat for a coloured finish
- Suitable for evironments C1 to C3
- Formulated for application to structural steel and cabron steel
- Offers industry leading loadings for beams and columns contact the technical department at Promain for loadings
- Low VOC
- Single coat application for a majority of 60 minute steel sections
- High volume solids
- Low odour
- Application by airless spray, small areas can be brushed please refer to Application Guide
- Low environmental impact
- Available in 5 litres.