Potable Paints & Coatings (WRAS Approved)

About Potable Paints & Coatings (WRAS Approved)

What does potable water mean?

Drinking water, also known as potable water or improved drinking water, is water that is safe to drink or to use for food preparation, without risk of health problems.

How can I be sure to use the correct products?

DWI and WRAS compliant or approved products have to go through a rigorous testing procedure to make sure every aspect of the design and construction comply with the regulations. Before you make any decisions on which manufacturer’s products to use, you should be asking whether or not their products comply with DWI and WRAS regulations and obtain certifications and avoid any manufacturers that do not provide compliant products.

Shop By
Filter by
Product Chemistry

8 Items

per page
Set Descending Direction
  1. PPG SigmaGuard CSF 585
    PPG SigmaGuard CSF 585

    WRAS Approved for drinking water. A two component solvent free amine cured epoxy coating.

    From £114.82 £95.68
  2. Hempel Hempadur 35560 - WRAS Approved
    Hempel Hempadur 35560 - WRAS Approved

    Approved potable water, solvent-free, high-build, polyamine adduct cured epoxy paint.

    From £351.52 £292.93
  3. Jotun Tankguard DW
    Jotun Tankguard DW

    A two component solvent free amine cured epoxy coating. It is specially designed for potable drinking water tanks.

    From £415.42 £346.18
  4. Fosroc Nitocote EP405
    Fosroc Nitocote EP405

    A two pack gas resistant waterproof coating for waterproofing and protecting concrete structures.

    From £167.29 £139.41
  5. Hempel Hempadur 85671
    Hempel Hempadur 85671

    A two-component, amine adduct cured phenolic epoxy (novolac) tank and pipeline coating.

    From £277.44 £231.20

8 Items

per page
Set Descending Direction

What you need to know about DWI and WRAS

An important consideration if you are looking to provide drinking water is to ensure that the equipment used from the source of the water, up to the point of delivery to the consumer’s building is DWI and/or WRAS compliant. Regulation 31 of DWI deals with products used in the treatment and distribution of water supplies.

So what’s the difference between DWI and WRAS?

Drinking Water Inspectorate approval (DWI) is the legal requirement for all distribution and water treatment pipe, fittings and storage tanks including Polyethylene, PVC & HDPE products. For systems that are responsible for transporting drinking water above the stop cock, the system needs to be WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory Scheme) approved, again this is needed for all Polyethylene, HDPE and PVC pipe, tanks and fittings.