Jotun Tankguard DW is a two component solvent free amine cured epoxy coating. It is specially designed for potable drinking water tanks. Can be used as primer and finish coat in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Tankguard DW is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, stainless steel, composites and concrete substrates.
Tankguard DW is recommended coating for potable water tanks when performance, application properties and certificates are important with the following benefits:
- Excellent application properties
- Designed for use in drinking water tanks
- Benzyl Alcohol free – no risk of taste or smell
- Minimum 10°C substrate temperature
- Approved for water up to 60°C
- WRAS Approved (Number 1202515)
- Approved to BS 6920-1:2000 for contact with potable water.
- Approved by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health for use in contact with potable water.
- In compliance with Federal Drug Authority, USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300, approved for exposure to dry foods.
- Meets the requirements of ANSI/AWWA standard C210-07. Suitable for water pipelines.
|Type:||Solvent free amine cured epoxy coating|
|Stock Colours:||Light Grey, White|
|VOC Content:||2.0g per litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Carbon steel, stainless steel, composites and concrete substrates.|
|Application Method:||Airless Spray, Brush or Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||6.7 - 2.5m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||150 - 400 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||150 - 400 microns|
|Induction Time:||5 mins at 23°C|
|Pot Life:||30 mins at 23°C|
|Touch Dry:||15 hours at 10°C|
|Overcoatable:||25 hours at 10°C|
|Fully Cured:||14 days at 10°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Do not add thinner. Clean prior to application with Jotun Thinner No. 28, and afterwards with Jotun Thinner No.17|
|Shelf Life:||12 months|
|Packaging:||Available in 15 Litres|