Axalta Acothane Mastic Rapid Grade a solvent free, fast curing, two pack polyurethane repair mastic for pipe coatings.
Axalta Acothane Mastic Rapid Grade is suitable for the use of coating of field joints, repair of damaged coatings, filling of holes and cracks, on steel pipelines and other steel structures. This Rapid grade is specifically developed for use at lower ambient temperatures. For temperatures above 25oC the Mastic Standard Grade should be used, as this Rapid grade will be too fast curing.
All surfaces to be coated should be dry and cleaned as necessary to remove all oil, grease, salts, weld flux or other contamination. Where necessary, remove weld spatter and grind smooth all sharp edges and weld seams
Steel: blast clean to minimum Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007), surface profile depth 75-100μm. Mechanical tools may also be used providing a profile of minimum 75μm. Do not polish the steel surface
Overlap onto existing pipeline coating: remove any loose material to establish a firm edge. Feather sound coating and abrade surface to provide a key. Thoroughly abrade to remove gloss, surface contaminants etc. by suitable method (sweep blasting, abrasive disking etc.)
Concrete: remove all laitance and other contaminants by most appropriate methods. Ensure the concrete is dry to a reading of <16% on the Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) scale. Prime with Acothane LV Sealer
Designed for application by brush, roller, putty knife, trowel or spatula.
- Meets the requirements of GBE/CW6 Part 1 for External Pipe Protection
- BS6920 Factory and site application and WRAS water fittings directory
- Meets the performance requirements of BS EN 10290 and AWWA C222
- Malaysian SPAN approved
- Finish: Sheen
- Dry Film Thickness: 1mm or 5mm
- Wt Film Thickness: 1mm or 5mm
- Theoretical Coverage: 1.0m2 per litre for 1mm, 0.2 m2 per litre for 5mm
- Hard Dry: 40 minutes at 20C
- Overcoatable: 15 minutes at 20°C
- Full Cure: 6 days at 20°C
- Available in Grey
- Available in 10 x 250g