Axalta Acothane Mastic Standard Grade is a solvent free, high build, two pack polyurethane mastic for steel, for the repair of pipe coatings and the coating of field joints.
Axalta Acothane Mastic Standard Grade is suitable for the use for the coating of field joints, repair of damaged coatings, filling of holes and cracks, on steel pipelines and other steel structures. For faster-cure repairs use Acothane Mastic Rapid grade, and for higher temperatures and hot surfaces, use Acothane Mastic TG grade.
All surfaces to be coated should be dry and cleaned as necessary to remove all oil, grease, salts, weld flux or other contamination. Where necessary, remove weld spatter and grind smooth all sharp edges and weld seams
Steel: blast clean to minimum Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007), surface profile depth 75-100μm. Mechanical tools may also be used providing a profile of minimum 75μm. Do not polish the steel surface
Overlap onto existing pipeline coating: remove any loose material to establish a firm edge. Feather sound coating and abrade surface to provide a key. Thoroughly abrade to remove gloss, surface contaminants etc. by suitable method (sweep blasting, abrasive disking etc.)
Concrete: remove all laitance and other contaminants by most appropriate methods. Ensure the concrete is dry to a reading of <16% on the Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) scale. Prime with Acothane LV Sealer.
- Meets the requirements of GBE/CW6 Part 1 for External Pipe Protection
- BS6920 Factory and site application and WRAS water fittings directory
- Meets the performance requirements of BS EN 10290 and AWWA C222
- Malaysian SPAN approved
- Finish: Sheen
- Dry Film Thickness: 1mm or 5mm
- Wet Fim Thickness: 1mm or 5mm
- Theoretical Coverage: 1.0m2 per litre for 1mm, 0.2m2 per litre for 5mm
- Hard Dry: 4 hours at 20°C
- Overcoatable: 1 hour at 20°C
- Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Pot Life: 12 minutes at 20°C, 8 minutes at 30°C
- Available in Dark Grey
- Available in 10 x 1 Litres