Axalta Acothane Twin Pack Repair Kit is a solvent free, two pack polyurethane mastic repair kit for the repair of small defects in pipeline coatings.
Axalta Acothane Twin Pack Repair Kit is ideal for small area repairs to most types of pipe coatings, including FBE, 3LPE, 3LPP and polyurethanes. This product has outstanding mechanical properties and rapid cure characteristics together with excellent adhesion to most pipe coating materials.
All surfaces to be coated should be dry and cleaned as necessary to remove all oil, grease, salts, weld flux or other contamination. Where necessary, remove weld spatter and grind smooth all sharp edges and weld seams
Steel: blast clean to minimum Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007), surface profile depth 75-100μm. Mechanical tools may also be used providing a profile of minimum 75μm. Do not polish the steel surface
Overlap onto existing Acothane coating: remove any loose material to establish a firm edge. Feather sound coating and abrade surface to provide a key. Thoroughly abrade to remove gloss, surface contaminants etc. by suitable method (sweep blasting, abrasive disking etc.)
Concrete: remove all laitance and other contaminants by most appropriate methods. Ensure the concrete is dry to a reading of <16% on the Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) scale. Prime with Acothane LV Sealer
Remove outer foil wrapper. Remove plastic clip. Mix the contents of the pack by thoroughly working the components in the plastic bag together for at least 2 minutes. Remove corner of bag and dispense. See Acothane Twin Pack Mixing Instructions. Use plastic divider or spatula to apply.
- Meets the requirements of GBE/CW6 Part 1 for External Pipe Protection
- BS6920 Factory and site application and WRAS water fittings directory
- Meets the performance requirements of BS EN 10290 and AWWA C222
- Malaysian SPAN approved
- Finish: Sheen
- Dust Free: 40 minutes at 20°C
- Hard Dry: 40 minutes at 20°C
- Overcoatable: 15 minutes at 20°C
- Full Cure: 6 days at 20°C
- Pot Life: Approx. 5 min at 25°C
- Packaged in a polythene bag, divided by a plastic clip, and sealed in an aluminium foil pack
- Colour: Beige
- Available in Packs of 10 x 25g