Sherwin Williams Macropoxy C88 - Formerly Leighs is a high performance 2 pack, multi purpose tolerant epoxy primer finish for structural steel.
MAcropoxy C88 is best used as a single coat shop applied protective finish for structural steel, for maintenance work on blasted and manually prepared structural steelwork, for use in internal/external conditions, including offshore and petrochemical applications. Macropoxy C88 can be applied at thicknesses between 125 microns (5 mils) and 250 microns (10 mils) dry to provide primer, buildcoat or finish in a single coat. A top coat is only required where prolonged colour retention is needed. Offers good adhesion and abrasion resistance over blasted and manually prepared steel and a range of other epoxy materials.
Recommended application via airless spray, conventional spray or brush. Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems provided the surfaces to be coated have been suitably cleaned. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns (2 mils) or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 5 days at a minimum of 60 microns (2.5 mils). These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- Complies with NORSOK M501 Rev. 5 System 1 as part of a three coat, Zinc Epoxy Scheme
- Meets the requirements of ISO12944 C5 High durability
- Network Rail, Item No 7.2.6
- LuL APR no. 2763 - XM92/M34 Paint System for Maintenance Steel for application to LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a minimum expected service life of 25 years (blast cleaned to Sa2.5) or 15 years (power & hand tool to St3).
- Drying Time: 4 hours at 23°C to touch, 7 hours at 23°C to recoat
- Dry Film Thickness: 250 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 3.16m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 2 hours at 23°C
- Available in a full range of colours
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres