Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our sales team to check availability. Any orders may be subject to cancellation upon discussion.
Scotchkote 152LV Epoxy Coating is approved by London Underground for ease of application and its corrosion protection of up to 25 years
Scotchkote 152LV Epoxy Coating (formally Thortex Chemi-Tech 152LV) is a brush applied paint coating that can be applied onto manually prepared steel substrates, offering excellent adhesion properties and excellent corrosion resistance even when immersed in seawater.
3M Scotchkote 152LV Epoxy Coating has been approved by London Underground based on the ease of application, along with super effective protective properties that meet the Network Rail Lines specifications.
Scotchkote 152LV Epoxy Coating can be applied using brush or plural feed hot spray and has a dry time of just 12 hours to touch. 152LV offers excellent application characteristics, with ease of flow and handling and is highly recommended in the rail industry.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 152LV Epoxy Coating is suitable for use on grit blasted steel, mechanically prepared steelwork or high pressure water cleaned steel. and can be used internally or externally to offer excellent adhesion and corrosion protection as well as resistance to a large number of chemicals.
- Approved by London Underground for ease of application and its corrosion protection of up to 25 years
- Formally Thortex Chemi-Tech 152LV
- Thortex 152LV epoxy coating can be applied in 1 coat at 400-500 microns.
- London Underground Product ID 146.
- Network Rail Line Specification RT98, now NR/LV/CIV/039.
- Scotchkote 152LV has been developed as a 2 pack surface tolerant anti corrosive coating for steel.
- Good application with excellent corrosion protection.
- Also offers excellent chemical resistance.
- Volume solids 99.2%.
- Theoretical coverage 2-3m2. per litre at 500 microns dft.
- Available in 5.0 litre units
- 3M Scotchkote 152LV is available in Black, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Green and White.
- Also available in 20 litre packs in White and Grey only. Made to Order. Minimum order quantities apply.