Please note this product is now discontinued. See Jotun Steelmaster 60WB as an alternative.
FireKill Steel 60 coating provides 30 minutes and 60 minutes of fire protection to structural steel and cast iron.
FireKill Steel 60 is a water-based acrylic thin-film intumescent coating which is designed to provide 30 minute and 60 minute fire protection to structural steel and cast iron. FireKill Steel 60 is a hard wearing, high quality, weather resistant product that can be top coated with a range of paints, enabling the enhancement of a building's architectural or historic features.
For information, such as loading requirements, correct primers and topcoats, etc. please contact our Intumescent Paint Specialist at the Promain Office.
FireKill Steel 60 has been specifically manufactured for use on steel and cast iron surfaces, to prevent damage from fire. FireKill Steel 60 is the ultimate product for steel and cast iron protection. The number of coats required is dependant on the specific level of protection required for the project at hand.
FireKill Steel 60 can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray and is touch dry after 4-6 hours, when used in normal conditions of around 20 degrees celsius. After 8-16 hours a second coating can be applied.
Surface and Environment
FireKill Steel 60 can be used internally or externally on steel and cast iron surfaces. It is easily applied to vertical and horizontal surfaces and provides extremely competitive loading rates.
- FireKill Steel 60
- Internal and external steel protection
- Provides 30 or 60 minutes fire resistance
- Extremely competitive loadings
- Water borne
- Fast drying times under typical site conditions
- No top seal required for internal applications
- Single coat application for the majority of steel sizes
- Application by brush, roller or airless spray
- 17 - 23 thou tip size recommended.
- Thinner - do not dilute
- Touch dry: 4 - 6 hours
- Recoat: 8 - 16 hours
- Theoretical coverage: Dependant on steel size and time required- please contact Promain
- Tested to BS 476 Pt 21
- Cleaner: Water