PPG HI-TEMP 1027 is a single pack, high build, heat resistant inert multipolymeric matrix / inorganic ceramic coating formulated to prevent corrosion under insulation (CUI) of carbon steel and stainless steel.
PPG HI-TEMP 1027 coating can be used for a wide range of operating temperatures and provides excellent protection against corrosion under insulation (CUI). In areas where insulation is not required, a two-coat system consisting of a primer and silicone topcoat is recommended.
PPG Ameron Sigmatherm Hi Temp 1027 is a single component, high-build heat-resistant inert multipolymeric matrix coating to prevent corrosion under insulation (CUI) of carbon and stainless steel to temperatures ranging up to 650 Degree C (1200 Degree F) and for cryogenic service on stainless steel from -185 Degree C to 538 Degree C (-300 Degree F to 1000 Degree F). Also suitable as a primer on non-insulated steel in a system with PPG HI-TEMP topcoats.
PPG Ameron Sigmatherm Hi Temp 1027 can be hot applied direct to substrates with a temperature up to 316 Degrees C. (600 Degrees F.) eliminating the need for costly shut down during maintenance.
Provides an UV-resistant, chalking-free film with no maximum recoat interval, regardless of operating temperature, as long as the surface to be recoated is clean and free of all contaminants.
- Prevents external stress corrosion cracking (ESCC) of austenitic and duplex stainless steel
- Resistant to thermal shock / cycling and intermittent immersion in boiling water
- Continuous temperature resistance to 650°C and intermittent temperature resistance to 760°C
- Cyclic temperature resistance from -196°C to 540°C
- Surface tolerant and stable against UV
- May be used as primer for PPG HI TEMP heat resistant colour topcoats
- Complies with NACE SP0198 for austenitic stainless steels and carbon steels under thermal insulation
For Carbon Steel For Insulated and Non Insulated Service: Area must be free from oil, dirt, grease and all other contaminants, especially salts. Round off all rough welds and sharp edges. Remove weld splatter. Recommended dry abrasive blast clean to SSPC-SP 6, ISO-Sa 2 with 25 to 50 microns profile.
For Stainless Steel For Insulated and Non Insulated Service: Suitable austenitic stainless grades for this product are 304, 316 and 410. Area must be free from oil, dirt, grease and all other contaminants, especially salts. Round off all rough welds and sharp edges. Remove weld splatter. An anchor profile is not mandatory for adhesion of PPG Hi Temp 1027 on stainless steel surfaces. If required, brush off blast cleaning to SSPC-SP-2, SSPC-SP-3 or SSPC-SP-16 using a chloride free abrasive.
Substrate temperature should be between 10°C and 66°C. If applying to hot substrate, the temperature should be above 66C and below 316C. As PPG Hi Temp 1027 is a heavy bodied material ensure to use mechanical agitation for mixing before application and as needed during application.
Please Note: Minor color differences may occur due to batch variation and from exposed service, but corrosion protection will not be compromised. For best results use black or grey colour as first coat. Application recommmended via airless spray, conventional spray or brush and roller.
- Finish: Flat
- Theoretical Coverage: 5.8m2 per litre for 125 microns or 2.9m2 per litre for 250 microns
- Dry for Overcoating in 6 hours
- Available in Black, Grey and Light Grey