Jotun Pioner Topcoat is a one component, quick drying protective acrylic topcoat for industrial, topside and superstructure.
Jotun Pioner Topcoat is a quick drying, single pack, acrylic resin based topcoat. It is recommended as a finishing coat for applications to concrete or steel substrates. Pioner Topcoat is suitable for exterior and interior applications and in a variety of climatic conditions. Jotun Pioner Topcoat is available in a wide choice of colour options from the Multicolor Industry (MCI) tinting system.
Jotun Pioner Topcoat is a finishing coat which provides protection for concrete and steel substrates which are found in interior and exterior environments and a range of climatic conditions. Jotun Pioner Topcoat is water resistant, quick drying and may be applied at low temperatures.
Jotun Pioner Topcoat may be suitable for application to other substrates, subject to an adhesion test. Pioneer Topcoat should be applied with an airless spray. A brush can be used for stripe coating and for small areas, a roller may be used. If using a brush or roller, care must be taken to ensure the specified dry film thickness is acheived.
Surface and Environment
All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from contamination. Surfaces should be assessed and treated in accordance with ISO 8504. Previously coated surfaces should be clean, dry, undamaged and primed with a compatible and appropriate primer. Jotun Pioner Topcoat is recommended for marine topside and superstructure surfaces and also as a protective top coating for industrial structures.
- Jotun Pioner Topcoat is HAPAS approved to specification 2903
- Multicolor tinting system (MCI) colour choice
- Semi-gloss finish with good gloss retention
- Water, abrasion and solvent resistant
- Limited level of solvent resistance
- Flexibility Good Measured according to ISO 3233:1998 (E)
- Spray application recommended
- Thinner/Cleaner: Jotun Thinner No. 7
- Theoretical coverage 6.8 square metre per litre